just got my xtreamer pro, need abit help

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys, sometimes when iv transferred a file over to my internal hard drive, i try to reboot box, and all it does is flash all the lights on, then they flash 1 by 1 down the front of the box, i have to pull the plug to reset it, whats going on, then sometimes i have to do that a couple of times to get it to come back on. also when i then try to reconnect it to my laptop to copy more stuff, windows is saying i need to fix the drive or scan for errors, sometime not letting me copy at all, im using the latest 2.7v for the xtreamer, its seeing both my 1.5tb hard drives, its just beeing a pain in the arse once iv transferred something, also whats the best usb to use to transfer stuff over, iv been using the printer style usb, is this the best 1 to use, love it so far just need to figure out whats going on, just gunna format them both and see what happens!

all comments welcome to try and help me sort it!!!

im wondering if you cant copy over at all if you have the switch on the back of the xtreamer set right, im pretty sure theres a switch at the back of the xtreamer whcih needs to be set when transfering to hard drive a or hard drive b, maybe thats something to do with it mate, thing with the fix errors when plugging it into the pc thats what i was getting when things started going missing, i would advice plugging it in at least once a week and scanning for errors, as lucky for me anyway it used to find and fix everything so i never actually losted anything, really nice box though int it mate ?

yeah its a nice box and interface i must admit, i had the switch set to the right one mate, as i tried both, reinstalled them both and formatted and iv got a few films on there to test and they play spot on, iv got another problem now though, when i power off the box with the remote, and leave it for a few minutes, i cant then get the box to start again from remote, all i get is the same flashing sequence from the lights on the front, they all light up, then go off, then they light up in turn all the way down the box, then once thats done, nothing happens, i have to unplug the box and leave it for a few minutes before i can power it up again!

im gunna reinstall the firmware so its from scratch, then reinstall the hard drives 1 by 1 and see what happens, by the way mate what did you use to transfer files over as im using the supplied usb lead, and it doesnt transfer very quick, at best im getting about 25 mb/s. i tried the sata cable but didnt see any improvement to be honest, thought it would have been flying with that, im using a i5 laptop aswell so plenty processing power yet both still seem to go mighty slow.

yeah try reflashign the firmeware mate, theres also a emergency flashing procedure aswell which alot of people use, when i first got my xtreamer i just transfered aload of movies over overnight and then from then on when ever i downloaded a movie i either ftp it over or i would transfer it onto a usb stick in the pc and then plug it into the xtreamer and transfer it over that way, but that was when i got it all set up and just had the odd movies here and there, like i said for the first transfer i had about 5 600gig to transfer over so i left it going over night, i only used supplied usb lead that i can remember m8

yeah i tried the emergency firmware this time, everything seems to work fine when iv 1st rebooted and new firmware, then when i power off from remote i cant seem to just switch it back on via remote, iv got to unplug power lead for a few mins before trying again, cant work it out, im just busy transferring some films back on via my lan connection, i know this might sound stupid, lol, but how the hell ya meant to switch it off properly, as this thing just doesnt wanna boot up after iv switched it off from remote, got my head done in, everything else is fine till i switch it off!

to be honest mate i have no idea lol, all i used to do and still do when im round at my mates is just hold power button down for about 1 second and it will shut down, then all i have to do is hold same power button down for 1 second and it will boot up, dont think this will cure it but its somethign your meant to do, after you are flashing the firmware are you resetting defalut settings, it says after flashing go to settings and reset everything, theres a reset defaults or something like that,
are you leaving it long enough to boot up ? like it takes a good few seconds,

yeah mate iv reset to default each time iv reflashed the firmware, even formatted both hard drives then reset settings, tried all ways really, just buggin me why it wont switch back on without a hard reboot, fook knows, i'll mess about for a couple of days and if i cant figure it out its going back to amazon, lol. iv pretty much got the rest working just like i want through my projector, but this on/off thing is no good! and yes i was waiting for at least 4-5 mins each time i was trying it just to see if it finally started up, but nowt!

bit of a wierd one then really mate, ive never read about anyone having this problem either, i would do as you said, give it another day 2 at the most and if no joy send it back , need it right dont you,

it sure is weird, although iv just tried it there and it booted down, then back up fine after about a 2 minute pause before trying to reboot, hopefully thats it sorted now, probably not like but i live in hope, lol, thanks for the help mate i'll get back to the thread if i have anymore bother, thanks pal!

unfortunately i cant mate, i bought these 2 1.5tb specifically for that, although i do have a 1tb hard drive in my vu+, suppose i could try that see what happens, will do it later!

well well well, it appears to be working just fine now with the hitachi deskstar 1tb drive out my vu+ box, havnt put any films on yet but booting up and down seems fine and seems to be running alot quicker too, looks like i'll have to leave this drive in, wonder why the 2 seagate drives i bought just dont seem to cut it in this box, they both work fine as iv had them in my pc to format them, looks like ill just have to sell them on and buy another hitachi deskstar drive to go in bay 2.

I guess not all drives are going to be 100% compatible with the Xtreamer. It sounds as if you have been unlucky with the choice of drive you've gone for :-(

it would appear so mate, always the same isnt it, nothing just works 1st time, lol, just gunna put the hard drives in the classified section see if anyone wants them!

Back