Just got a Dreambox 500-S box, no idea where to start !

rp3X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well my mate just gave it to me since it 'stopped' working 6 months ago and I wanted to tinker with it, just fired it and it says PLiJade3 200090627 (with new tuner/framebuffer drive).

Ran a full scan on 28.8 east and its picked up all freeview/bbc channels at least :)

Whats the latest or decent newbie proof software/image to try ? and any instructions on how to do it via win7 pc?

I dugg out an old usb to com/serial cable, this dreambox aint got no usb port just a com/serial port.

My mate just wants me to see what I can do with it, I see it has Cccam 2.1.1 :licker:

Well my mate just gave it to me since it 'stopped' working 6 months ago

It seems that your mates subscription has expired !! He needs to get in touch with his c line provider and either ask for a new line or have his original line re instated …….. either way he’ll need to pay for a new sub.

Well my mate just gave it to me since it 'stopped' working 6 months ago and I wanted to tinker with it, just fired it and it says PLiJade3 200090627 (with new tuner/framebuffer drive).

Ran a full scan on 28.8 east and its picked up all freeview/bbc channels at least :)

Whats the latest or decent newbie proof software/image to try ? and any instructions on how to do it via win7 pc?

I dugg out an old usb to com/serial cable, this dreambox aint got no usb port just a com/serial port.

My mate just wants me to see what I can do with it, I see it has Cccam 2.1.1 :licker:

Hi, you will need to do a lot of searching on the net to get the idea of flashing and getting your DM working with paid channels, I have included a manual to get you started but without an active cline you can’t decode paid channels, there are websites that offer free trial server for a day or 2 and other website that offer daily free servers, go through the PDF you will have a better idea, if you have any questions post them will do our best to help.

Ps: One thing I can say for sure is you don’t always have to pay to watch your favourite channels.

Attachments

• Dreambox_500_For_Newbies_5.5.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
thx guys am finding a few tutorials.... and then am reading the bit where it takes 45 minutes to flash lol

when I look over my spiderbox and usb slot>flash in 30 seconds, can see why my mate gave me the box ;)

I think your box does not need flashing as it was set up for CS before; all you have to do is find/ download ftp capable application and add clines to your existing cccam 2.1.1.
I have added DCC application for you that would help you send files to you DM and Dreamup application that would do the flashing for you should you need to flash your box.

Attachments

• DCC295.rar
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
  • DreamUP.rar
    775 KB · Views: 10
Typical time to reflash a DM500S with neutrino Commando is around 2 minutes using the Service menu. Maybe a bit longer to reflash enigma OpenPLi with DreamUP using a real null modem cable. Gawd knows where the 45 minutes came from???

Cheers- AL :confused

thx for the files and tutorials, yeah I have just flashed with Commando V14.5 successfully with Dreamup only took about 10-15 mins via my usb>null modem adaptor, I read somewhere it took 45mins glad was wrong !

I like the image, its fast and stable and love the logos on the freeview channels.

I have read I need to place my edited (2.3.0) CCcam.cfg into /var/etc/ and also CCcam.ppc into /var/bin/emu/, I have done this and hit the blue button>extras>softcam menu but its empty ?

I also downloaded older 2.1.3 and a CCcam.ppc from the net and tried those older files but no joy sadly, the bouquets worked fine though!

Any advise on if im doing something wrong will be appreciated, thx

thx for the files and tutorials, yeah I have just flashed with Commando V14.5 successfully with Dreamup only took about 10-15 mins via my usb>null modem adaptor, I read somewhere it took 45mins glad was wrong !

I like the image, its fast and stable and love the logos on the freeview channels.

I have read I need to place my edited (2.3.0) CCcam.cfg into /var/etc/ and also CCcam.ppc into /var/bin/emu/, I have done this and hit the blue button>extras>softcam menu but its empty ?

I also downloaded older 2.1.3 and a CCcam.ppc from the net and tried those older files but no joy sadly, the bouquets worked fine though!

Any advise on if im doing something wrong will be appreciated, thx

Manual install CCcam

1.unzip the CCcam zip file
2.upload using Dcc or total comander CCcam.ppc in /var/bin/ and set chmod 755
3.upload CCcam.cfg in /var/etc/
4.Edit CCcam.cfg with your C and F line and listen port
5.upload CCcam.sh start script in /var/script/ and set chmod 755
6.reboot
7.push blue button, select CCcam from list and make start,restart cam

Change the attribute for these two files only;

Var/bin > right click on Cccam 2.3.0> attribute> click on 755 button> click ok done
var/script > right click on 2.3.0 CCcam.sh > attribute> click on 755 button > click ok done

Last edited:
The Commando image is very different as you know because it is neutrino as opposed to , lets say Pli, which is enigma. The file structures ( neutrino versus enigma ) however are not very different and therefore the instructions posted by abbs2011 still apply, albeit with the slight modification

2. upload using Dcc or total comander CCcam in /var/bin/emu and set chmod 755

On the subject of flashing, in my own experience, the fastest way ( a few seconds ) is via telnet.

Have a look here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/181083/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am afraid you are mistaken.

There is no need for script or chmod. You just drop the binary into the the emu folder. The CCcam.cfg instruction is the same although I would edit before transferring.

I am afraid you are mistaken.

There is no need for script or chmod. You just drop the binary into the the emu folder. The CCcam.cfg instruction is the same although I would edit before transferring.

I’m afraid chmod need to be changed to 755 for the cccam to work, looking at your response you started by saying NO and then you said YES at the end, bit confusing isn’t it?
There isn’t much to change in the Cccam.cgf unless you have clines to add to it.

Last edited:
The Commando images know that the emulator needs execute permission and does it automatically. CHMOD is not required. The script is already in miniops. So, this is the reason for NO.

The CCcam.cfg needs to be transferred. This is the reason for YES.

I have no axe to grind, no more input on this thread from me. See the following: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/283838/#post2087034

No script needed,don't even know where that came from,

Just folllow Abu's advice,paying particular attention to the naming of CCcam,and you will be fine :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

CCcam.ppc needs to be renamed to CCcam no need to chmod it

The instructions I have provided are proven to work just fine infect they have been applied to my Cccam when I’ve installed it, my Cccam is working just fine with no problem.
There are different ways of doing things as long as they work, if your method works for you excellent but this method works for me just fine, at least rp3X got different methods to consider.
I would not say your method is wrong because I’ve never used it.
Well at the end of the day we are all trying to help :nopity:

Just to clarify that emu's copied into commando do not need to be chmod 755 but it wont hurt if you do

note the highlighted code from the Cam menu

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

thx for all the help, had no idea what chmod 755 was so renamed my Cccam, and deleted the ppc and volla cam detected and channels up asap :)

Am sure there are always more then one way to solve the problem so appreciate all the help, I am glad I learned how to tinker and fix my mates dead Dreambox, is it the same in terms of programming on most of the other newer dreamboxes?

Also I noticed when channel zapping the channels appear more faster then my spiderbox hd ! perhaps cos its SD and not HD....

You got your box up and running excellent!

"yeah I have just flashed with Commando V14.5 successfully with Dreamup only took about 10-15 mins via my usb>null modem adaptor"
Hi rp3x, were you using windows 7 with your usb adapter and dreamup. I had problems finding a driver thats compatable with win7 with my usb adapter?

Back