Is it possible to get my dreambox fixed through remote desktop?

hazboi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi ive had my dreambox dm800 hd se v2 clone box for a month now. Been trying to connect to the internet and finding it a challenge. I wondering if it would be possible to get my dreambox fixed through remote desktop? Technically its possible to do right. Ive thought about calling someone to sort my problem out but i cant find anyone who does this. I guess its all online these days. Im not a total newb at computer etc. But all this different ip addresses which constantly change everytime you turn your computer and dreambox off and on business is very confusing.

Appreciate if anyone point me in the right direction.

What Image are you using? Also are you using ethernet or a wifi stick? If you are using a wifi dongle what chipset is it? Have you got DHCP set to on in the box as well? If you can answer all these it will start to help getting some answers to help your issue.

Sorry for the lack of info.
And sorry i dont know what you mean by image? I have an ethernet cable connected. DHCP is set on but ip test says unconfirmed. I did have a rat's channel list originally installed when i bought it but i did a factory reset due to internet connection fault and so its gone.

Image means what software is in the box eg openpli, openatv blackhole etc. When you boot the box what does the splash screen say?

I personally would reflash the box again with the latest Openatv 5.1 for the DM800SE V2 clone. I have it running on my DM800SE V1 and V2 and they both work well.

Last edited:
Ok i'll give that a go then. Is it possible to do that even if i dont have an internet connection on my dreambox?

Thanks for your suggestion by the way!

Remove power from box, then as you plug it back in hold the power button then on the screen it should say STOP then it will assign a ip address which you will see.

Ok...... ive just tried that but it doesnt show an ip address. Just shows dhcp... ***stop*** nothing after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe i should do a factory reset before doing that...

Try pressing the flash up button on the rear instead of the front power button see if you get a ip address now?

When i did that it shows no ca or image. 2nd failed. Then it says at flashup mode dhcp... **stop*** with a exclaimation warning sign on the ethernet/internet cable picture. Still no ip.

Are you sure that you don't have a network issue? Try and plug a laptop or PC with the same ethernet lead your using on the box and check if you get network access.

When i did that it shows no ca or image. 2nd failed. Then it says at flashup mode dhcp... **stop*** with a exclaimation warning sign on the ethernet/internet cable picture. Still no ip.
There is a jumper on the mainboard which can be set to logo or mini flashup. If I remember correctly I had to unplug the tuner to access it and change the setting.

diceman, i think your right there seems to be an issue with the ethernet connection in my living room. Seems like the builders didnt do such a great job. When i connect the ethernet cable directly to my router in the passageway it shows a ethernet internet connection, but if i connect to anyother ethernet connection sockets in the house its only on the wireless internet connection. So there seems to be a problem with that. Its strange though because I did manage to get all green ticks once. But after that its never worked.

Thanks diceman now i know atleast where the problem lies.

Ah progress i think. Managed to get my ip address using the way you told me by plugin in directly to the router. After taking it out and pluging it back into the tv, this time it automatically connected to the internet. Probably through the wireless internet and not the ethernet cable. Thanks alot. Atleast i know theres nothing wrong with my dreambox. Phew. Now i need to use dreambox edit and dcc to connect my computer to the dreambox. This is going to be interesting.

Back