Irish police wearing turbins,what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny here guys but surely a hard hat could be designed that could be worn over a turban. Health and saftey and cultural attire are both important but what good is a turban if your head is cracked by a falling object.

You would be surprised how much impact a correctly tied turban for a construction site can take. The turban is layers of fabric which is tied in such way that it gives the shape we all see. Some people use atleast 20 meters of cloth to tie their turbans.

You would be surprised how much impact a correctly tied turban for a construction site can take. The turban is layers of fabric which is tied in such way that it gives the shape we all see. Some people use atleast 20 meters of cloth to tie their turbans.

Yes but it does not offer the same protection as a hard hat.

Hi guys,

Thanks for so many replys to my question,I must say the debate has been very fruitfull.My personal opinion is that if he wants to become an "agent" of the state he should wear the same uniform as everyone else.The Irish situation is different,I think we are still in the process of forming our own identity after British rule and although all races and creeds are welcome into our country within reason, I think they should respect our culture and understand our history. We are not of the "rivers of blood" ilk but

Just out of curiosity Bally me old mucker have you ever worn a Hard-hat all day on a building site????

Am not trying to get into argument on Hard-hat/Turban

But wearing a Hard-hat when trying to do a decent job for a customer is a pain in the ass[I know health and safety regs are ther to protect you,but when there are no risks at all of falling objects]

IT does make you wonder????????

20M of cloth would probably offer as much, if not more, protection to an edged object being dropped from a small height, than a polycarbonate bowl would, but the flat surface of a block maybe not. different scenarios DO call for situations to be looked at in different ways, and its not always viable for either common sense, or someones beliefs to take priority, but sometimes one is sacrificed to save upsetting the other :(

Sorry,

......but I think Britain has allowed the lawmakers,through fear of offending other cultures to erode your heritage.

Forgot to mention I'm not a racist by a long shot!

Last edited by a moderator:
A sandwich bag offers protection and so does a condom, but one is better suited to certain situations.

I.M.O hard hats should be worn at all times when thats what the law states. If you are not permited to wear a hard hat because of your religon then so be it. no worky my friend get a job where you dont need to wear one . Simple innit.

think we should make allowances for peoples believes . but he should sign a waver then he cant claim if he gets hit over the head and so one

My personal opinion is that if he wants to become an "agent" of the state he should wear the same uniform as everyone else.

He would be wearing the same uniform as everyone else except he will also wear his turban which he wears everyday.

To be honest this therad did get side tracked as it has nothing to do with turbans on the constructions site. It has to do with a turban wearing Sikh in the Irish Garda (Police) force.

If Canada allows a Turban wearing Sikh to be an officer in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and New York have Turban wearing Sikhs in the NYPD is really that much of a big issue that they cant have a turban wearing Sikh in the Irish Garda? To add he was a volunteer as well. Remember this guy is a IT Professional doing Police work in his spare time.

They actually gave him the job but then told him to remove his turban.

Last edited:
He would be wearing the same uniform as everyone else except he will also wear his turban which he wears everyday.

To be honest this therad did get side tracked as it has nothing to do with turbans on the constructions site. It has to do with a turban wearing Sikh in the Irish Garda (Police) force.

If Canada allows a Turban wearing Sikh to be an officer in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and New York have Turban wearing Sikhs in the NYPD is really that much of a big issue that they cant have a turban wearing Sikh in the Irish Garda? To add a volunteer as well. Remember this guy is a IT Professional doing Police work in his spare time.

Hats off to them for giving him the job. ;)

If Canada allows a Turban wearing Sikh to be an officer in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and New York have Turban wearing Sikhs in the NYPD is really that much of a big issue that they cant have a turban wearing Sikh in the Irish Garda? To add a volunteer as well. Remember this guy is a IT Professional doing Police work in his spare time.

Give it time, in a years time they'll ask the question, why are there not enough religous minorities joining the Irish Garda...

Ive learned a lot of things I didnt know about Turban's,I didnt realise there were so many turban exceptions

EDIT: if that sounds funny its not suppose to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back