iPhone issue please help

tottenhamboys

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hey people,

I have been on to my carrier about this, but so far no resolution.

My iPhone4 will show a signal, usually 3 bars on 3G. However it wont make calls, send or recieve texts or access mobile data. This has been ongoing for a few weeks, at seemingly random times. The network settings have been reset which made not one speck of difference. Turning the phone off will usually clear the problem. If left, the signal 'eventually' drops out, searches and is back to normal. I've also done master rest wife's iPhone fine on same network strange

So what do we think? Phone issue or carrier issue?

Dean

Difficult one, could be either.

Have you tried your chip in another phone to see ?

Do you have warranty left on your phone, you could just go to the apple shop and explain they will swap your phone mate!

You will need to explain to them that you have exhausted all other avenues and tell them your provider has said its the phone...

Or a full reset of the phone mate, as a drastic measure? (make sure you back it all up too!)

Not sure but it does not sound right pal.

Mick

Difficult one, could be either.

Have you tried your chip in another phone to see ?

Do you have warranty left on your phone, you could just go to the apple shop and explain they will swap your phone mate!

You will need to explain to them that you have exhausted all other avenues and tell them your provider has said its the phone...

Or a full reset of the phone mate, as a drastic measure? (make sure you back it all up too!)

Not sure but it does not sound right pal.

Mick

Yeh both phone just over week old wife's fine mine playing up orange want help apple say can issue replacement but want be brand new not happy

You should get 28 days from purchase to return/replace handset. Tell orange you want a new replacement.

taken from there web site

what happens if my phone is faulty within a reasonable period of time from purchasing it?

If your phone is diagnosed as faulty by us within 14 days of purchase, you'll be able to receive a replacement through the outlet that you purchased it from:

• If you purchased your phone from an Orange Retail store, please return there for a replacement phone.
  • If you purchased your phone in-store from an alternative dealership, please return there for a replacement phone.
  • If you purchased your phone from a dealership that you called up and they supplied it via post, you can call them up and arrange a replacement.
  • If your phone was purchased via our online shop, or by you calling us up direct, then we'll replace it once we've diagnosed it as faulty.
So that we can diagnose any fault, please call us on your usual Customer Services number.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
You should get 28 days from purchase to return/replace handset. Tell orange you want a new replacement.

taken from there web site

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for info will give orange another call

Swap phone with your missus for a day or two? Then you'll know if it's network/sim or phone related.
HH.

I see your with orange , have you always been with them ? If so did you opt in to join the orange/t-mobile shared service when it came into action ? If so every new sim you get will be hit with this package and its a pain when on an iphone as iphone switching from 3g to none 3g causes this issue sometimes . My only solution if this is the case is to put phone in airplane mode on and then off and it will search again and much quicker than boot cycling the phone . I get this a lot with data issues , full signal and 3g but the ip address dont update when on the move sometimes . Orange are aware of the problem and it should be all fixed by the end of the year when all services are fully shared on the network.

i agree it could be both but carrier seems more logical to me!

Back