iPhone iPhone 3G Unlocked!!!

BASICS

* The unlock works exclusively with baseband 02.28.00. This baseband is provided by the latest firmware update (2.2) from Apple. You’ll need to upgrade to this release using iTunes and then use QuickPwn to activate etc. There are plenty of tutorials about this on iclarified, bigboss, and other established tutorial sites. Because it works on 02.28.00, it is available to everyone on the planet. This means we don’t need to unnecessarily expose holes in earlier basebands, which is an important concern.
* The application is a small daemon that is launched on boot. It injects the payload at boot and also whenever there is a baseband reset. You won’t notice anything about it other than that your third-party sim now works. It’s a small program and unobtrusive. There is no GUI (this is by design).
* You can add the application using the sources outlined below (coming soon). There are Cydia and Installer sources available, so use whichever you are comfortable using.
* yellowsn0w is completely removable through Cydia, the command line, and iTunes.

Dev-Team Blog

worked great for me this is how i did it
updated iphone to 2.2 with itunes then got hte files i needed to jailbreak it quickpwn and the 3g 2.2 ipsw firmware file then ran quickpwn and followed the instructions and once that was all done
then run cydia go to manage tab at botom click on sorces then edit at the top then click add and type in apt9.yellowsn0w.com then click add sorce and once it has finished getting it run cydia go to search tab at bottom and search yellowsn0w then run that
after that turn phone off put sim in and turn on

[Tutorial] 3G Unlock method that works - Hackint0sh

If done exactly as told it works for most of the user.

This tutorial is for yellowsn0w 9.4.0 for 9.1.0 use -q insted of -l.

1. recover your iphone to 2.2 with bb 2.28.00 affter ready close itunes dont sync, activate or nothing just close it!!!

2. quickpwn it with installer and cydia installed

3. when phone is ready connect to wifi,got to cydia, when opend for the first time ignore the update for cydia
and install first mobileterminal and affter sbsettings from cydia.

4. turn off data roaming and 3g connection from settings !!!!!

5. install yellowsn0w from cydia affter adding the source yellowsn0w.com offcource

5. slide ur finger from top left to right on the screen to get sbsettings open

6. press power button from sbsettings and from the popup restart button.

7. when phone is reset wait for 20-30 secs and go to mobile terminal

Go to terminal
type yellowsn0w -c
type yellowsn0w -l
airplane mode on
airplane mode off

if you get "open: Recource busy" just repeat the command where you got it from.
if command yellowsn0w -l keeps loading for more than 20sec and your terminal looks similar to pics from Flickr: deli_gt's Photostream <- picture is old use -l instead of -q, and move to next step.

9. Go to setting turn airplane mode on wait 10 secs and it should start searching for the network, it shold find the network and everything should be ok.

If not
if it still show the four dots for the signal repeat the steps 8 and 9 but first exit mobile terminal totaly by holding down the home button until it closes totaly
if that doesnt work eather use
compination

go to terminal
type yellowsn0w -c
type yellowsn0w -r
type yellowsn0w -l
airplane mode on
airplane mode off .

That's how you get it working for 99% sure. i tried it in 3 diferent iphones one from finland one from germany and one from UK. UK and german wasnt workin in the first.
Until now many has goten it to work only by this method.

UPDATE. 1
I can confirm I got it allso to work with out sbsettings reset, just usual phone on and phone off.

So only thing you have to actualy do is to install yellowsn0w from installer not from cydia. And after every time the phone boots wait 30 secs and make the commands with mobile terminal(step 8)-> and airplane on off, if doesnt work repeat the step 8 and again airplane on off.

UPDATE. 2
If you lose network use this compination and you'll get network back without reseting the phone

go to terminal
type yellowsn0w -c
type yellowsn0w -r
type yellowsn0w -l
airplane mode on
airplane mode off

UPDATE. 3
Dev Team have Updated the yellowsn0w newest version is 9.4.0 throgh cydia. Thanks dev team!!! great work.
Here you have to wait affter reset 5-10 secs and turn the phone to airplane on wait 2 sec and turn it off.
Next i'm waiting to see if this works allso if the network loses coverage and you get no service if not do

go to terminal
type yellowsn0w -c
type yellowsn0w -r
type yellowsn0w -l
airplane mode on
airplane mode off

And it's up again.

If the new update doesnt work with only airplane on and off follow this tutorial.

UPDATE. 4
The -q is not working anymore the new method is using -l instead. But if u have 9.1.0 you have to use -q

for 9.1.0 =
go to terminal
type yellowsn0w -c
type yellowsn0w -r
type yellowsn0w -q

airplane mode on
airplane mode off

for 9.4.0 =
first if no signal try only
airplane mode on
airplane mode off

if doesnt work.

go to terminal
type yellowsn0w -r
type yellowsn0w -c
type yellowsn0w -r
type yellowsn0w -l
wait that it has no network(if has four dots wait till it has the no network bar IMPORTANT!) affter it has no network it should change back to four dots again( takes about 1min)and after you get four dots back wait 1min more and vola you have network if not then go to next step ->

airplane mode on
airplane mode off

IF four dots only do again.(in most case's)

airplane mode on
airplane mode off again.

Also if you get sim error or lose network this new update should work without taking out sim.

just got mine today first thing i done was unlock it worked perfectly cheers for the posts guys

Back