Internal HDD

mannachie

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have purchased two of these this week and so far so good. I have been attempting to fit an internal HDD to one and already had a cradle but I am a bit stumped to what connections i will require. I can only see the small SATA connection on the motherboard but my experiences of fitting HDD's to DM800's tell me I need another cable??

Also what are others thoughts on these boxes??

Cheers in advance

Have you got the HDD kit? It is an optional extra with the wires, mount and fan.

If you are not fussed about too many images, then it is fine.

Only concern people have raised is that some fans become noisey after a while. The fan is not required unless a HDD is being used. You can adjust the fan to be off during standby.

Have you got the HDD kit? It is an optional extra with the wires, mount and fan.

If you are not fussed about too many images, then it is fine.

Only concern people have raised is that some fans become noisey after a while. The fan is not required unless a HDD is being used. You can adjust the fan to be off during standby.

I already had a cradle left over from a TM800 and I had a couple of small SATA cables kicking about but I don't think it is the correct one. One end is fine and fits onto the motherboard but the other end is the same small SATA plug and as such the large interface connection is not connected.
As far as images go I am not too fussed as long as the box can do the basics i.e. view and record and a decent EPG plugin like Cross EPG.

I am afraid I don't understand what is meant by "large interface cable".

The supplied cable has both the power and data cable moulded together on one end. If you want to use a different one, you only need the 5v and gnd connection.

Attachments

• all connected up.jpg
    all connected up.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • cables on mobo.jpg
    cables on mobo.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Back