important

try changing your mac on the ethernet card using smac to force a new ip lease. sometimes just giving it a few hours or unplugging it for an hour does the trick.

I tried changing the MAC address before but still the same problems. I'll try again though and see if it makes any difference.

I'm just wondering if VM have blacklisted my MAC as I used your software and did the BRUTEFORCE option from the subbed modem? That's the only other thing I can think of!

Last edited:
I tried changing the MAC address before but still the same problems. I'll try again though and see if it makes any difference.
I'm just wondering if VM have blacklisted my MAC as I used your software and did the BRUTEFORCE option from the subbed modem? That's the only other thing I can think of!

ive bruteforced from my sub to test it, and i probably ran it more times than u mate and im still going strong, so it probably wouldnt be down to that, unless u bruteforced several macs within a short space of time?

Yes I did mate! Maybe very foolish of me, but I think I did about 50 or 60 in about 10 minutes!

Yes I did mate! Maybe very foolish of me, but I think I did about 50 or 60 in about 10 minutes!

PMSL!!!! you got trigger happy did you? lol

they probably capped u for a while then mate, maybe unplug it and give it 12 hours if u can, if its still down phone them and complain.

if they comment of the bruteforce thing (highly unlikely) just tell them you've had to reformat your pc due to a virus and maybe that has caused the issue - and play dumb lol

EDIT:

just worked that out based on 50 macs to 12,750 requests in 10min.... 21 a sec LOL

Last edited:
PMSL!!!! you got trigger happy did you? lol
they probably capped u for a while then mate, maybe unplug it and give it 12 hours if u can, if its still down phone them and complain.
if they comment of the bruteforce thing (highly unlikely) just tell them you've had to reformat your pc due to a virus and maybe that has caused the issue - and play dumb lol

I was thinking of taking the virus line too! I've been having the problems since last night, and was hoping it would clear up today, but I'll give it another day and then phone.

Does anyone know how VM refund the call charge for tech support on 0906? I'm thinking of phoning from my mobile as I don't have a landline but the charges are extortionate (more like £2 a minute!!!)

I was thinking of taking the virus line too! I've been having the problems since last night, and was hoping it would clear up today, but I'll give it another day and then phone.
Does anyone know how VM refund the call charge for tech support on 0906? I'm thinking of phoning from my mobile as I don't have a landline but the charges are extortionate (more like £2 a minute!!!)

not a clue mate, maybe try a support ticket online first?

im hoping other ppl will see this and realise bruteforcing so many macs in a short space of time is not a good idea lol

not a clue mate, maybe try a support ticket online first?
im hoping other ppl will see this and realise bruteforcing so many macs in a short space of time is not a good idea lol

Sorry for taking this discussion off-topic, how do you get the support ticket online mate?

Would they know that I'm using a clone if I got support online? I mean I wouldn't be using the clone (2mb) if my subbed modem (4Mb) was working lol!

it a con they refund you by knocking summat of your next vm bill
it happened to me had to phone them on mobile but when i got me
phone bill the call cost me about £12 and i got a statement of vm
saying they were gonna knock £1.80 off me bill i was gonna get intouch
with vm and complain then a few days later i got another statment which sayin they gonna knock £10.80 for the next month

i hope this helps...

Sorry for taking this discussion off-topic, how do you get the support ticket online mate?
Would they know that I'm using a clone if I got support online? I mean I wouldn't be using the clone (2mb) if my subbed modem (4Mb) was working lol!

Raise a ticket on a mates connection, you should only log on to Virgins servers with your sub else they will definatly know you are using a clone!

Back