iextreme 1.5 for christmas eve?

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
quoted from xbox scene

'(BigSteel @ Dec 9 2008, 12:40 AM) *

Iriez, can you confirm the Dec 24th release date, or is that just speculation...

Yes, I can confirm. Depending on how quickly development and testing goes, we might even see 1.5 for the other drives aswell, to fix liteon spoofing for hitachi/samsung drives, aswell as a few other small features previously discussed.

Quote:
(cRACKmONKEY421 @ Dec 9 2008, 12:53 AM) *

I read somewhere that lite-on drives would probably never be able to be flashed because they use a different kind of memory for the flash that can't be re-written. Is that wrong?

Yes, it is for the most part incorrect. The patent on the technology basically stated that there would be no way to read the firmware out of the drive. Obviously we managed that

Also, so there is no confusion, this was not done by just c4e. This was a project that took a VERY large, and a extremely talented team of hackers. When I say hackers, I mean the REAL kind. This was a decent shot by MTK and PLDS, but fortunately we had some help from the inside

[00:14] <c4eva> 1.5 - open tray power on support for windows inquiry/fw unlock mode
[00:14] <c4eva> 1.5 - enhanced "bad angle" support
[00:15] <c4eva> 1.5 - single speed only (12x)
[00:15] <c4eva> 1.5 - enhanced SS support for spoofing
[00:16] <c4eva> 1.5 - more secure firmguard - benq only
[00:18] <c4eva> 1.5 - Benq 6039 (1319L) version!
[00:20] <c4eva> 1.5 for liteon will come soon, work on fw continues by the team!
[00:22] <c4eva> liteon fw is complicated, but im optimistic the team will solve it soon!

2008-11-30 (in #fw):
[03:42] <c4eva> flashing liteon is easy, all software,all this has already been done!
[03:43] <c4eva> the team is working on the fw, patience!
[03:47] <c4eva> The team has several liteon dumps and flash back to any liteon perfectly! Patience!

2008-12-04
<+c4eva> LITEON BOOTING BACKUPS! Great work by the team!

2008-12-05
(15:36:51) (+c4eva) onge:no, too busy for that, liteon beta testing this weekend!
(15:39:00) (+c4eva) key will still be via serial for now!

[04:30] <Rinoa> c4eva: u ony going to rlz single speed 12x from now on to Samsung/Hitachi/BenQ/Lite-On drives?
[04:30] <Rinoa> sounds like MS could tell the speed
[04:30] <c4eva> Rinoa:Yes

[04:32] <c4eva> at present the serial is still needed to get the key, everything else is software/sata

[04:35] <prankster> c4eva, do you ever see a non-solder solution for key extraction, or is key always sent over tx?

[04:36] <RoCk-BoX> hey man , i just had a question, is running ixtreme 1.4 as safe as its gunna get on live?
[04:36] <c4eva> 1.5 is better

[04:40] <dffdfd> is the lite-on beta testing this weekend for select members or the general public?
A: it's for a closed group of beta testers initially

[04:44] <c4eva> all flashing for liteon can be done in windows

[04:51] <c4eva> nxe is fine

[05:09] <Suuuuuup2> c4eva, how was the firmware originally dumped?
[05:09] <c4eva> it was decapped in acid!

[05:10] <Suuuuuup2> C4eva, kinda pointless asking, but will the new GUI replace Toolbox ?
[05:11] <c4eva> suuuuup2:yes

[05:12] <c4eva> patching liteon with 1.5 as i speak here

[05:12] <Savior-X> so its been stated ck3 is still needed. anywhere besides divineo ?
[05:13] <Arakon> Savior-X: no, it's not needed. you can just make your own serial adapter for a few bucks, or get the maximus tool
[05:13] <c4eva> xtractor works well
[05:14] <Arakon> xboxhacker.net has several diagrams in the large thread, or get a premade one from ebay (serial ttl converter)
Xbox-Scene forum thread -- "Liteon Key For Free, how to dump your liteon using salvaged parts" -- Liteon Key For Free! - Scenyx Entertainment Community

[05:15] <Suuuuuup2> c4eva, is the lite-on firmware similar to Benq?
[05:16] <c4eva> no

[05:39] <p0tty> n e one try the spear yet for the liteon?
[05:39] <c4eva> p0tty:yes works well

[05:47] <c4eva> flashing liteon is easy. send wipe command then flash fw

[05:48] <Zheez> do you need to power the liteon drives on and off like you used to have to with samsung/benqs?
[05:48] <c4eva> zheez:no
[05:49] <troubloso> so c4eva 1.5 will have new way to flash?
[05:49] <c4eva> troub:yes

[05:26] <liqwidsky> c4eva, what does the improved bad angle support in 1.5 do?
[05:30] <c4eva> it will ensure no more bad angle before jitter
[05:34] <liqwidsky> [...] is 1.5 doing something extra, like decrypting the host ccrt and checking deviation?
[05:38] <c4eva> yes within deviation will not allow bad angles

2008-12-07
[02:39] <c4eva> ALL SPOOFED LITEONS ARE EASILY DETECTABLE BY MS! EVEN BENQ! WILL NEED IX1.5!
[02:42] <c4eva> 1.5 will cater for hidden liteon MS command!
[02:47] <mjstriker> I have spoofed over 50 drives and I haven't heard of anyone being detected
[02:48] <c4eva> detected, not banned, that may come later

2008-12-08
[01:54] <c4eva> liteon reads backups nice n fast, no benqish problems!
[01:57] <c4eva> very much like sammy
[01:58] <c4eva> quiet as well
[02:02] <c4eva> spoof with a liteon, will be supported
[02:05] <c4eva> tested on assasins creed, no issues!

***********************************************************************************************************************
ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE FOR IXTREME v1.5 FOR LITE-ON/BENQ/SAMSUNG/HITACHI IS BEFORE CHRISTMAS | BETA TESTING BEGINS SOON
***********************************************************************************************************************

Cheers mate.

Great news for everyone getting a new 360 this Xmas.

Looks promising. I've been following this for ages on the scene. And to think of all those muppets who said it would NEVER be done :)

Looks promising. I've been following this for ages on the scene. And to think of all those muppets who said it would NEVER be done :)

lol, yup plenty did :)

I'm sure the Muppets are just as pleased as everyone else though.

this is great news. have got a few friends who have got a liteon but dont wont to buy a new drive to flash

This is just for the liteons right?

Old school hitachi 78 is all good to stick on 1.4??

Sorry for the dumb question, not really been keeping track of this!

there is a maximus 360 liton xtractor being sold by w**.quantronics.com that with the spear tool will read the Liton drive keys (without any soldering or other-wise know as Bridgeing) and they have support video's and software that is far better then the dvd32 key method (similer) but it adds all the 3 keys to 1 folder and then you can patch the keys into the firmware thus just spoof & flash so simple I bought both products just waiting for the maximus 360 Lit-on xtractor these are not dis-similer to the xecutor pro kit an soon to be released tool to read the keys but this use's dvdkey32 (not sure if Bridgeing is still needed) - either way the choice will be your's (thanks to all those great people involved) in kicking the Lit-on drive in the balls lol - you will still need a spare drive

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZPnjgabAE"]Lite-on vid[/ame]

In here cuz the other iX1.5 thread was wrecked! :handball:

Team Jungle, finally came out :)

Big props to the big boys, I know it was hard....

Better luck next time PLDS / MTK ;)

For the record, flashing them is easy, erasing, easy.....Decent spoofing, well.... in development ;)

Jungle is Massive :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2fpu5tCUu0]YouTube - Ali G & Mc Vapour - Jungle is Massive (HD)[/ame]

there is a maximus 360 liton xtractor being sold by w**.quantronics.com that with the spear tool will read the Liton drive keys (without any soldering or other-wise know as Bridgeing) and they have support video's and software that is far better then the dvd32 key method (similer) but it adds all the 3 keys to 1 folder and then you can patch the keys into the firmware thus just spoof & flash so simple I bought both products just waiting for the maximus 360 Lit-on xtractor these are not dis-similer to the xecutor pro kit an soon to be released tool to read the keys but this use's dvdkey32 (not sure if Bridgeing is still needed) - either way the choice will be your's (thanks to all those great people involved) in kicking the Lit-on drive in the balls lol - you will still need a spare drive

No you will not need a spare drive - that the whole point.

You read the key, add it to iXtreme 1.5 then reflash the LITE-ON with the hacked firmware, no need to buy another drive any more.

Those spear things are a waste of money, nothing but a gimmick, you can get the same results by using a darning needle.

There are copies of the Maximus Lite-on extractor all over the internet for free, I use it with a darning needle to extract drive keys, works perfect.

Last edited:
next thread:

solderless liteon key extraction please :)

or the ' i will build you one and send it to u for a tenner' thread lol

good news for witchy and us other cheapskates;

From Iriez of X-S,

From what we have seen, the quality of the lens on the liteon is far greater than any other manufacturer so far. It works better with crappier media, AND is faster, AND is quieter = )

Cheepo media foreva!

Mine made a deep motor whirring noise, not sure i it id before.

Ned a coupe more LiteOn consoles lol

There are copies of the Maximus Lite-on extractor all over the internet for free, I use it with a darning needle to extract drive keys, works perfect.

Hi mate, where did you buy your copy from? I need to get my key extracted somehow.

Ive seen a couple of guides showing people how to create one, but theyre useless because theres so much conflicting information on the internet and non-clear guides.

Hi mate, where did you buy your copy from? I need to get my key extracted somehow.

Ive seen a couple of guides showing people how to create one, but theyre useless because theres so much conflicting information on the internet and non-clear guides.

it's a big trade secret mate, no-one seems to want to let on exactly how you get round it 'solderlessly'. so much for sharing

;)

i know what you mean though. i'm still clueless lol

it's a big trade secret mate, no-one seems to want to let on exactly how you get round it 'solderlessly'. so much for sharing

;)

i know what you mean though. i'm still clueless lol

If you do find out a good place to buy a copy or a good guide (for noobs) to make one would be helpful!

even a place to buy a RS232 TTL Transfer module, as I can only see them for sale on Fleabay, which wil take weeks to arrive from China/Abroad

Secret? Sarcasm?

Witchy just said he uses a darning needle, IDK how many posts are over at X-S about home made 'Xtractors+spears or CK3's and Probes'.

RS232 wired into connectivity kit 1/2/3 (intital soldering required, or get v3 / xtractor)

Tx into R707 via, not sure if you need to scrape via as ive not done it myself looks lacquered.

Back