Humax Foxsat hdr 500gb big problem

glic83

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok so after the threada few weeks ago about what box to get the in-laws i went with a grade A box from humax-direct.

Humax FOXSATHDR500-G Freesat twin tuner 500GB PVR (Grade A) - HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website

No they wont deliver outside the Uk so i got a mate in N. Ireland to order the box and send it on to me.
Went to do the job in the in-laws today and had the dish up and said i better check to see if its working ok.
Plug in the box and turn it on and its just making a clicking sound for all the world to me it sounds like a relay thats clicking but either way the box is just clicking away and doing f*ck all else, has this happened to anyone else before?
The lcd just comes on and off with the clicking, head is melted especially as it was me who suggested it to them, "get this box its the best", then had a load of hassle getting the thing and now it doesnt even work ffs.
Any thoughts

Just to update Humax have given me a replacement box as the orginal was fooked so installed the new 1 today all working fine

Ok so after the threada few weeks ago about what box to get the in-laws i went with a grade A box from humax-direct.

Humax FOXSATHDR500-G Freesat twin tuner 500GB PVR (Grade A) - HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website

No they wont deliver outside the Uk so i got a mate in N. Ireland to order the box and send it on to me.

You can use this service to get UK delivery only stuff forwarded to Ireland .
Parcel Motel - let your parcel do the waiting®

I use it all the time ,very handy .3.50 an item and you collect it from a local depot,they have a good few in Cork.

Yeah used parcel motel to send it to me from the North, but Humax-direct want a landline number and also the billing and address on crdit card must be in the Uk/NI so was a bit of a balls having to go the long way round, i emailed them and they wouldnt deliver direct to Ireland and as i didnt have a credit/debit card with a uk billing address I had to go through a m8. Plus they collected it from hes house and replaced it co it was DOA

Back