Hp pavilion slimline s3050 anyone help..

johnboy196

DW Member ++
Reaction score
HI

I have a hp pavilion slimline desktop pc it has been working ok up till last night.

I shut the pc down then today when i boot the pc up the pc is just giving me a blank screen..

I have tryed my built in graphic card and nothing plus i have try my msi graphic card and still nothing i have made no changes to the pc or added anything so does any have any idea what could be wrong.. i have all so tryed a diffrent monitor plus i have tried it on my pc.

thanks

reset cmos

open up tower and look for a jumper called jp9 and just take it off with the kettle plug0pulled out and leave it for a few mins, usually located next to battery

if u cant find that then pull out the battery with the power cable unplugged and leave it again for a few mins

come back to us !

thanks for help ..

reset the bios by removing the plug.

reset the cmos by removing the plug

Found the info on the hp help site...

Also removed the battery....

I have then rebooted the pc but its still the same all i get is a blank screen still no joy..

will have to pop it down to the pc shop tomoz..

thanks

when u press the power switch does the cpu fan spin ?

do they spin very slightly or constant ?

is there power going to your dvd /cd rom

can u hear your hard drives click on and start working away ?

You mention trying different graphics cards and monitors ....have you checked the cable ?

Cheers

when u press the power switch does the cpu fan spin ?

do they spin very slightly or constant ?

is there power going to your dvd /cd rom

can u hear your hard drives click on and start working away ?

yes the cpu fan spin's constant m8 very fast.

yes when i turn the pc on after about 2 seconds the hard drive starts to click ....m8

is the speaker connected to the mobo ?

usually u can obtain what is going wrong from the beeps

does your computer beep when u reboot her and turn her on ?

how many memory sticks u got ?, if u got more than one then take one out and test and vice versa

also processor if u can be arsed take off heatsink and check the cpu for burn marks on the underside and massive chip marks on the corners of the top

is the speaker connected to the mobo ?

usually u can obtain what is going wrong from the beeps

does your computer beep when u reboot her and turn her on ?

how many memory sticks u got ?, if u got more than one then take one out and test and vice versa

also processor if u can be arsed take off heatsink and check the cpu for burn marks on the underside and massive chip marks on the corners of the top

Tryed it with the speakers connected nothing i get no beeps at all.

The pc has 2 memory sticks they are 1g each so 2g all together have tryed removing them but still nothing. Ihave 2 spare memory sticks that are 512mb would it be worth giving them a try just in case both the 1gb are failing..

I have also removed the heatsink and check the cpu that looks fine no burn marks just very dusty could the mother board be failing ...

well once u checked the ram then it is only a few things

i doubt it is your power supply

so it could be your cpu or motherboard

test to see if the board beeps by starting her up without the ram or cpu installed, by the cpu i mean the actual chip not just the heatsink lol

well once u checked the ram then it is only a few things

i doubt it is your power supply

so it could be your cpu or motherboard

test to see if the board beeps by starting her up without the ram or cpu installed, by the cpu i mean the actual chip not just the heatsink lol

ok will remove the ram and see wat happen's it that does not work will then remove the cpu chip and listen for any type off bleeps..

thanks for the help..

right removed the ram all together and nothing no bleeps the pc just starts up with blank screen so i tryed 1 ram stick them turn pc on and same thing.

I removed the cpu chip and it does the same the pc just powers on but still no bleeps.

I have put the pc back together when i turn pc on it powers up the same but on the monitar it now says no video input thats on my normal vga slot thats built in to the pc the blue block on back..

So i try my graphic card which has dvi slot on it and that says the same as well so will both the vga and my graphic card have broke or will it be the mother board failing...

I cannot test the graphic card that i bought as my other pc does not have a pciex slot..

Just been reading up about the hp paviloin slimline s looks like there are lots off people having the same problem as me and it's all down to the mother board failing which causes the blank screen.

was going to get new mother board but at £200 no way..

Thanks again for all the help..

I wouldn't rule out the PSU, but any decent PC repair shop will easily confirm whether it's board, chip or power etc... (Unless they want to screw you for a few quid...!)

the fans are spinning, usually when psu is failing then the fans would kick in then cut out after a few seconds

Not all the time, just because fans spin, doesn't mean the PSU is 100%, it could be flakey on one of the outputs... Fans spinning means nothing, until it's been tested, IMHO.

end of the day we cant do anything unless we physically inspect it

Naturally, the internet is good, but it ain't that good! ;)

I'm just saying, don't rule out the PSU, it could very easily still just be that, which would be (should be) much cheaper than replacing the mobo. Fans spinning is a total red-herring. I've seen it plenty, the latest being just last week in fact, on my late Mums PC. A flaky PSU will do, and give, all sorts of odd things.

I have a spare psu from another pc all the voltage and everthing is the same plus the psu is also from hp pc..

All the fans spin inside they do not turn off since the problem started the fan inside the psu spins none stop the main fan also spins that's ontop of the cpu plus the fan on the graphic card spin even thought its not in use..

should this happen.

Back