how to network mount

vista
what was the error in the telnet session ?
can't help blind, need to have the error.
I won't be around tomorrow and i'm off to bed in a bit.

i'm using Win 7 (32 bit) with no problems. As Ellie has asked, what error is showing in telnet?

Got it to work, briliant feature, Thanks Ellie1998 very much appreciated.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1920920600/S99dw.sh.tar.gz
extract the S99dw.sh file and edit the last line to suit your share.
put it into /etc/init.d and chmod 755
after a reboot the box will go to 107%, if it doesn't then you havn't chmod 755

this is not for use on a dw modified image just ur or iq images, this is also a temporary fix and as said only for non dw modified images.

my internet is iffy so if I don't answer questions it doesn't mean i'm ignoring just that i can't get on.

How do i test using telnet? I got putty.exe but dont really know what I am doing lol

How do i test using telnet? I got putty.exe but dont really know what I am doing lol

Ok click on putty.exe and you will get this screen

Telnet.jpg

Enter your details as per the highlighted bits,which will bring you to the next screen

Telnet2.jpg

Telnet3.jpg

Then enter the lines in ellie's post one by one pressing the enter key after each,
keep going till you get an error and either take a screenie or write it down,
then post it here so we can help :)

Not really getting anything, this was 2nd attempt, the first attempt after pressing enter nothing happened under then it going to next line

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Got one share to work but wouldnt play any files

Last edited:
Tried this
Code:

but it doesnt seem to want to make the dir but works when I do one share using telnet

Ok got mounts working whilst using telnet
Code:

but newsleecher download didnt mount probz because of the spaces hd movies working but no sound for some reason think it might be DTS audio so going to try another file.

However S99dw.sh doesnt seem to work this is what I have in the file chmod to 755

Code:

Media info for movie currently playing but no audio
Code:

This works perfectly when using telnet but cant get the .sh script to load it...

Code:

ftp into the receiver, and change the CHMOD properties of the script to 755 m8, either right click the file and select properties or use the menu, will depend on what ftp software you use

ftp into the receiver, and change the CHMOD properties of the script to 755 m8, either right click the file and select properties or use the menu, will depend on what ftp software you use

It is already set to 755, very confused, if I reboot the mounts wont load again then I have to telnet it again :silly:

if the .sh script is working you can tell because boot will be 107% instead of 100%
if it's 107% and still not working then you have an error in the .sh file

It does go to 107% but it doesnt mount anything, could it be something to do with not having internal hdd installed?

no I don't have an internal hdd either.
post your .sh file
if it contains what you telnet in then it should work.

looks fine
try removing the file from the box and reboot it.
then copy and past the entire content of the file into a telnet window and note the errors.
what program did you use to edit the file

looks fine
try removing the file from the box and reboot it.
then copy and past the entire content of the file into a telnet window and note the errors.
what program did you use to edit the file

Just used notepad.exe will give it a try now :)

Yes, its working now. Looks like it was updating or something after uploading it. Once I deleted it rebooted and reuploaded its mounting correctly! Finally!! Thanks guys

Back