how to move virgin cable from one side of room to other

lagigolo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a wall plate near the telly for virgin box, i would like to move the tv to the other side of the room and other end.

I don't want to run the coax across the room, under the carpet etc as newly decorated.

Is there any way to get the signal to the other side somehow?

What i do have where i would like it to go is a double cat 5 socket which goes back to where the feed into the house comes in, if this could be used in anyway.

I do have an output from this box going through cat 5 to scart to another telly but maybe there is another route?

Any ideas???
Box could possibly stay where it is if there was some sort of hdmi sender option, but will have trouble using the remote as won't be facing it.

You can lift floorboards and go under floor which is a bit messy but what I did was extend cable up the outside to the roof space,run it across loft and down the rear wall and back in. Sounds a lot of work but it was dead easy

you could use HDMI over Cat6/5e extenders with Remote Eye option, Single cable ones are pretty expensive but if you have 2 lots of lan cable laid then price would come down a great deal

Simplistic way will be running cable round the top of the skirting mate..
Any other way is going to cause you a load of hassle..
Have you thought about taking cable from brown box outside and run it round outside of house to where you want it..
I have done this before..just disconnected existing cable in and connected new 20 meter cable and ran it to where I wanted.
Did it myself as virgin wanted £99 to do if..and cost me £10 for cable and new connections.

I have a wall plate near the telly for virgin box, i would like to move the tv to the other side of the room and other end.

I don't want to run the coax across the room, under the carpet etc as newly decorated.

Is there any way to get the signal to the other side somehow?

What i do have where i would like it to go is a double cat 5 socket which goes back to where the feed into the house comes in, if this could be used in anyway.

I do have an output from this box going through cat 5 to scart to another telly but maybe there is another route?

Any ideas???
Box could possibly stay where it is if there was some sort of hdmi sender option, but will have trouble using the remote as won't be facing it.

I have never used one of these before, but a quick search found these coax over cat5 adaptors.

TV/FM/RF via Cat5 CATV F Type Balun - RJ45 connector 530|PTP-RF01

Again I have never used one of these coax over cat5, so it would be at your own risk matey, just trying to help you find a solution :)

EDIT: does anyone know the virgin media coax bandwidth - I see that there splitters are 5-2400mhz??? (that link I posted has a maximum of 900mhz, can anyone confirm)

Mick

Concrete floor, no skirting. I have run coax into every room, including this room, but missus wants to change room layout around for the winter.

I am now thinking move box to another room and go for digis idea of the hdmi sender with magic eye option.

I have never used one of these before, but a quick search found these coax over cat5 adaptors.

TV/FM/RF via Cat5 CATV F Type Balun - RJ45 connector 530|PTP-RF01

Again I have never used one of these coax over cat5, so it would be at your own risk matey, just trying to help you find a solution :)

EDIT: does anyone know the virgin media coax bandwidth - I see that there splitters are 5-2400mhz??? (that link I posted has a maximum of 900mhz, can anyone confirm)

Mick

@Mick the ones you Quoted too would be absolutely fine as in reality if splitting the virgin feed using a 5-1000mhz splitter would be more advisable as this is the range for standard freeview and Cable TV

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mick the ones you Quoted too would be absolutely fine as in reality if splitting the virgin feed using a 5-1000mhz splitter would be more advisable as this is the range for standard freeview and Cable TV

Cheers @digi247, thanks for the info... that was what I was unsure about the actual bandwidth used for their network.

Last edited:
Concrete floor, no skirting. I have run coax into every room, including this room, but missus wants to change room layout around for the winter.

I am now thinking move box to another room and go for digis idea of the hdmi sender with magic eye option.

Hummmmmm.......how about change the missus for the winter :proud: something hot maybe :NoNo: trouble ahead......:roflmao:

Back