How to create a wireless bridge using a couple of netgear wgr614 V9 routers

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Afternoon,

I thought I'd knock together a little tut on how to create a "wireless" bridge using a couple of netgear routers.

These can come in handy if you have a poor signal and also if you want to have the internet some where in the house where you don't want to run a cable etc.

(I have configured them presuming you will be connecting your cable modem to the base station, of course if we just want to extend the range we would follow exactly the same process but at the end we would then "disable" DHCP on the base station and take an ethernet cable from our existing router, for example a linksys which already has a cable modem attached to it, we'd simply plug an ethernet cable from the linksys into one of the ports (not the ethernet) on the back of the base station in turn this would then send the wireless signal to your repeater where ever it is and the linksys will give out DHCP addresses)

They work quite well so if you want to put your wi-fi some where there's a weak signal or you simply want to put some ethernet ports some where and also extend your range then have a read of the attached.

Thanks

password for rar is www.digitalworldz.co.uk

Attachments

• netgear tut FINAL.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 335
Last edited by a moderator:
im sure that password is meant to be digitalworldz.co.uk, lol, nice 1 mate!

bollocks there's a spelling mistake in there! your right ! (shouts at admin!...lol)

the other 9 people that downloaded haven't said any thing...lol...i sent "rat" a pm......thanks matey....

the other 9 people that downloaded haven't said any thing...lol...i sent "rat" a pm......thanks matey....
now worries, sure they all know that its a mistake, but why havnt they liked your post the shitbags, ha ;) or even said a ty to ya for taking the time to do it, w@nka's!

lol, there's givers and takers mate, always have been....just set up another 6 of these puppies for me mates and there family, you would not believe how many I've done now! lol.....off to do the great north run in the morning and got to be up at 5 bells like.....not running it like just helping out managing it! watch out for me on the tele, i might send them all down the wrong motorway......(shouldn't jest i guess!..lol)

cheers matey...... can't believe i miss spelled it like...doh! lololo....

cheers mate, gonna have a cuppa and a read, followed that link, I'll have a look at it, if i do will it be just to registered members only? don't want the lurkers getting it without registering..!

Hi Dibbers,

It will show it to guests unfortunately, probably be better to leave it as it is then with the RAR file.

Nice guide though mate very well put together.

Mick

not a problem, it's a pleasure to hand back some thing.....cheers

4 left on flea bay today! lol....that'll teach me! and there all about £13.00 quid each, i ain't paying that! me thinking they may have been snapped upski! lololol....could have left some for me!

perfect tutor.ignored spell error.Technically it is well written.Thanks. Ihave implemented using WGR 834 and WGR 614 netgear.

Too bad I can't access the information for 24 hours. Guess I'll go elsewhere. Thanks for trying to help.

Back