Historic Scotland.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Today I visited Stirling Castle and I took out a subscription to 'Historic Scotland'.

Basically this is a season ticket style thing that allows you to enter any Castle or Palaces or places of historical interest in Scotland for 'free', it costs £74 for 2 adults and any number of children, and lasts for 18 months, it also allows half price admission to sites in England and Wales. This is amazing value considering that the American tourist in-front of me in the queue had just paid £32 in order for his wife and 2 kids to visit the castle.

Tomorrow I'll be doing Edinburgh Castle then Linlithgow Palace on Friday :)

Great value for money if you like your history.

Was thinkin of doin castle douglas as i drive past it allot.. but costs allots for what is basikaly a shell... will do edinburgh one day if i go near it :(

Tomorrow I'll be doing Edinburgh Castle then Linlithgow Palace on Friday :)

Great value for money if you like your history.

Me and the Mrs went to Linlithgow Palace a few weeks ago for a jaunt, it was a good day, last time I was up that way was for jury duty :)

Rather than go straight there, you should go along the M8 to Bathgate, then head up to the Bathgate Hills to visit Cairnpapple. (Wikipedia)
It's a short 5 minute walk to the top from the road, but the panoramic views are tremendous.

Cairnpapple Hill is one of the most important prehistoric sites on mainland Scotland. At about 310m or just over 1000ft in height the hill offers one of the best viewpoints in central Scotland, extending from Arran in the west to Bass Rock in the east. For over 5000 years this has been a special place, and evidence of this has been on view following excavation in 1947 & 1948.

After that, you can drive along the back roads & that'll take you straight to Linlithgow.

we have all this great history and magnificent scenery

but look at who lives next door :(

lol

historic scotland offers great value for money for the amount of places you can visit in this fannytastic country :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

we have all this great history and magnificent scenery

but look at who lives next door :(

lol

historic scotland offers great value for money for the amount of places you can visit in this fannytastic country :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

NI LOL .. was lookin for places to go this summer.. keep em coming guys :)

Got zoo at the top of the list atm..

£58 for 2 adults + children if you qualify for a concession.

Concessions: over 60, full time students, anyone in receipt of state benefit, YoungScot card holders and disabled. (For joint memberships, only one person needs to fit this criteria to qualify for the concession category). For joint memberships, all membership information will be sent to one nominated address.

Historic Scotland - Reasons to join

Think I'l sign up, cheers for the info :)

it costs £74 for 2 adults and any number of children

Just as well with the amount of bairn's you've got ;)

Get yourself out to Eilean Donan Castle by Kyle of Lochalsh!

Eilean%20Donan%20Castle.JPG

Back