Help testing a new Blue Panel server for TM500/600

Heres mine from a OpenPli image dated about 2/3 months old

I've packed the webui into an installer for UR and added it to my blue panel server, could do with some testing, seems to be afew new features working like the pli satfinder "zoom", but the "remote control" option doesn't seem to work.. might be able to fix it with the keymapping settings.

not sure if i'm going to be able to get Web-X-Tv working, but zapstream is working fine when started from my blue panel script.

Last edited:
ToneDeff,

have you switched your server off ?

csb

think i have just got crond/crontab working and executing scripts "big thanks to wiz569", only thing is it has to be manually started the first time from blue panel as i can't find a way to add scripts to run at startup... also think i have found a way to auto update weekepg weekly, and manual update weekepg straight from blue panel...

just doing some more testing at the moment but will probably add it all to panel server later.

instead of updating weekepg weekly m8, wouldnt it be better, and use less space on the receiver, if it updated 48 hours worth every morning at 04:00

people with tm500 could then use your updater etc with no issues as they have imited memory

good idea i'll add different version of the script to blue panel :p

still trying to figure it all out at the moment.

trying to do too many things at once, using WeekEPGlog plugin that works with telnet commands to get data from sat in wekepg format just got to figure out how to get Crond working with it now :p

some how i think i've managed to add all the scripts needed and in some sort of layout that makes sense... let me know if i'm wrong about that...

now has Crond isntall and stop/start/restart scripts.
runs from > /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
option to enable crontab for telnet settings "probably best to enable this anyway for now.. not tested without it"

WeekEPG manual updating from blue panel week/2days
Auto Weekepg update week/2days "monday 04:20/daily 04:20"
option to set weekepg storage to be updated /tmp/ or /hdd/

also a couple of new plugins

-Picture in Picture " same transponder and FTA only"
-Simple Port Sniffer

Edit:
changed the weekly update to be twice a week mon/fri 04:20

also add 2 new Scripts

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

-first script copies /var/etc/CCcam.cfg to CCcam.cfg.copy
so you can access/edit it over ftp etc.
-second script replaces old CCcam.cfg with the edited CCcam.cfg.copy

Last edited:
@digidude

do you happen to know what image it was that had "bookmark" button linked to ecm ? if so do you have it ? if so can you flash it on a TM600 then get me...

/share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/rctm600.xml

ill flash a few diferent ones untill i find one later today for you m8, i have ALL of the images, so its just a matter of going through them

you going to add a downloadable script to re-enable it for people?

youre gonna get famous lol

just looking through it all now m8

very impressed :)

at the bottom, where you have Tonedeff DW, why dont you have that open and display text, along the lines of

created and hosted by tonedeff
last updated xxxxxxx
for help or suggestions
w ww.digitalworldz .co.uk

and the top bit, instead of MY PANEL change it to 'Tonedeffs Updater'

;)

but looking really good m8

@digidude

sadly don't think the ecm/bookmark button worked how i was hoping so wont be adding it for now

but...

i have found a way to download EPG data for use in "MV" epg plugin...

"weekepglog -e /hdd/mv/ -f -l uk"
or
"weekepglog -e /hdd/mv/ -f -n 2 -l uk"

in telnet

only problem is i can't get MV plugin to start just crashes on my TM600

has anyone got experience with it ? pretty sure the crashing is linked to the settings in

var/tuxbox/config/mv/inputs.txt

as removing whats in there will allow plugin to start but crash when trying to go into "input settings"

i just can't figure out the line formatting in that file...

Hi

I'm trying to have a go at adding this server to try out ToneDeffs marvelous work :) but am getting the XML parse error. Did anyone find out why this happens?

Hi

I'm trying to have a go at adding this server to try out ToneDeffs marvelous work :) but am getting the XML parse error. Did anyone find out why this happens?

got this error a couple of times while i was editing the cfg alot but would start working within 10 mins.. have you tried deleting cpanel/cpanel2.xml from /var/etc/, and also restart enigma.

or

try changing "nameserver" in LAN to > 208.67.222.222

Thanks to tip from "fdlsys" i have added a new section for Auto Starting Crond/ZapStream with box... :Clap:

using "/var/bin/extra_run"

also now have the choice of MultiView EPG or WeekEPG both can be set to auto update twice a week or manual update straight from blue panel.

got this error a couple of times while i was editing the cfg alot but would start working within 10 mins.. have you tried deleting cpanel/cpanel2.xml from /var/etc/, and also restart enigma.

or

try changing "nameserver" in LAN to > 208.67.222.222

Thanks for reply m8. Am really desperate to sample all your hard work. The epg especially sounds fantastic.

I have tried deleting the two files you suggested and restart enigma and I have also changed the nameserver to what you suggested but still get the same xml parse error. Is there anything else I could try to get this to work?

Thanks for reply m8. Am really desperate to sample all your hard work. The epg especially sounds fantastic.

I have tried deleting the two files you suggested and restart enigma and I have also changed the nameserver to what you suggested but still get the same xml parse error. Is there anything else I could try to get this to work?

At first I got the parse error and got round it by deleting the myserver and then ftpd it over again and it worked.

The only error I get now is communications error when I try to install Multiview epg which I can't seem to overcome.

Back