"HELP" Philips Ambilight screen problem

elkopite

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, i have searched the forum but to no avail...can anybody help...

Problem 1
The Ambilights, although set at "Active Mode", have never reacted Dynamicaly to the coloured images on the screen..a problem more explained in this video..Ambilight fault comparison - YouTube

Problem 2
i purchased the Philips Ambilight 47PFL7603D/10 in october 2008, everything was fine until last August, we came back off holiday after a week and when we turned the TV on we noticed 5 evenly spaced dark grey smudges across the top of the screen, they started to fade over the next few days and have now vanished??

Problem 3
Whilst watching TV we have noticed an intermittent problem, it may happen once or twice a day or not...we thought at first it was a bad signal via Sky (HDMI socket 1) but it happened whilst playing on my Xbox 360 (HDMI socket side) i switched back to Sky and the problem was the same.
The problem are lines shooting horizontally across the screen from right to left (as you look at the screen) filling half and sometimes three quarters of the screen...see added photo's and video..
Philips Ambilight - YouTube

philipstv1ws.jpg

Any help would be most appreciated....thanks..

Last edited:
As the TV was out of warranty and was purchased via HP i contacted "consumer rights" and they advised me "The acceptable life expectancy of a TV is 6 years" and to write a letter to the HP company Website of the UK government : Directgov stating "supply of goods implied terms act 1973" and in the letter stat all important facts like, what was purchased, the faults, not satisfactory etc... after producing this they have suddenly offered to send out an engineer "FREE OF CHARGE"..

He is due out on the 25th January. i will updateyou on his findings.. thanks Exos rep left.

The screen lines look like a processing fault to me. With the dynamic ambilight there is also an intensity setting that may need adjusting - did you have housesitters when you went on holiday that could have changed it?

A heads up on the the SOGA it dosent give you the right to free repairs, only compensation if the set has reached the end of its life. If its a fault that can be serviced then this is not legally classified as end of life and you may well be expected to pay for a portion, or the entirity of the repair depending on how the retailer decides to proceed. Good luck

Back