hdmi over cat6 with ir

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, i need to change things around abit as i can only use the cables that are going round the house now, i have this setup

it goes from the living room to the bedroom and been flawless,only thing is now i need the same sort of setup but need it to do it all over 1 of the cat6 ethernet leads, i now need one of the ethernet leads for something else and cant really put another lead round the house, anyone got any ideas how to go about it pleasae ? thanks

I made a bad mistake of having all my cat cables going to a switch no if I ever wanted to add baluns its going to be a right nightmare as none are labled lol

hiya, found this while looking this morning

cant find anything cheaper so looking like its going to have to be thius one, ive seen some that will work with single cat6 cable but dont have the ir extender so im not sure how i would change channel, ive tried wireless stuff before and in my experience its not very good, if anyone knows of anything else let me know ? thanks

That sounds a little cheap to be honest mate, I have tried quite a few different HDMI baluns, and always end up going back to ATLONA.

HDcables (the company) do cheaper ones which have worked in the past, but at the same time I have had 3 fail, and at a cost of going backwards and forwards I wont install them any more. Atlona plug em in and walk away :)

Mick

I know dilly, its difficult when its your own home, I run hdmi cables round the house not so long ago as we was redecorating a little... I always take advantage of anything the wife wants, to add more stuff lol.

She wanted the living room painted, so I chased a few cables and repainted the living room.

She wants a certain part of our garden lowered and I want a Koi Pond lol ;)...

Try the HDCables they will take them back if they don't work, the only reason I wont use them is that the cost of changing things is not worth it (time) if it is for your own home then get one if it fails send it back.

Mick

Back