HDMI not working only scart.

fasda

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just took Spiderbox9000 out of the box, and i have set it up on Thor to my Panasonic TH-46PZ80. I can only view through the scart and not the HDMI.

Menu,
Control Panel,
HDMI + YPbPr.

The same lead was working fine with my TM6800HD. Tried two more leads and no luck. Tried every configuration, Pal, Ntsc, 1080i and 576p.

Am i missing something here????

Mine is setup just the same as yours fasda mate.

Have you had a fiddle with the TV settings?

My son has an LCD which is fussy when he plugs his PS3 into it via HDMI, he usually has to fiddle with the settings on his tv to get a picture.

Mine is setup just the same as yours fasda mate.

Have you had a fiddle with the TV settings?

My son has an LCD which is fussy when he plugs his PS3 into it via HDMI, he usually has to fiddle with the settings on his tv to get a picture.

Tried every configuration and no luck, three expensive HDMI leads. Just tried it on my 32" panasonic, and nothing. Put the TM6800hd back on, and it appears straight away.

Thats enough for me, 30 minutes of messing about, tried the other two HDMI sockets on the tv. Can't think of anything else.

Keep ringing the supplier of the receiver, (Goldwafers) and no one answers the phone. Just sent them an email asking for details about returning it and asked for a refund because of faulty goods.

If i ever buy something and it doesn't work, i never take a replacement as it shows the quality control at the factory is lax.

Picture quality is good through the scart lead though. Didn't get to load the gift so can't comment on how difficult or easy it is.

Had a reply to my email to supplier. They ask that i send it back for a replacement, (no mention of them paying for the postage) even though i stated in my email that i wanted a refund.

Stay tuned.

Had a reply to my email to supplier. They ask that i send it back for a replacement, (no mention of them paying for the postage) even though i stated in my email that i wanted a refund.

Stay tuned.

if they are a half decent company they will refund the postage costs! regards mdt

if they are a half decent company they will refund the postage costs! regards mdt

Just had an email from Lee@goldwafers,

Please confirm a suitable date Monday to Friday for the item to be collected by our courier.
Unfortunately we are unable to give a time for collection, it'll be between 9am to 6:00pm on the date that's convenient for you.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Lee.

Can't fault the customer service. I only purchased from them because of the good reviews people gave about it.

All members please note: this quote taken from A Guide For Businesses On Distance Selling issued by The Office Of Fair Trading "if goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract you (The Supplier) will have to pay for their return, whatever the circumstances.

Thats enough for me, 30 minutes of messing about, tried the other two HDMI sockets on the tv. Can't think of anything else.

Keep ringing the supplier of the receiver, (Goldwafers) and no one answers the phone. Just sent them an email asking for details about returning it and asked for a refund because of faulty goods.

If i ever buy something and it doesn't work, i never take a replacement as it shows the quality control at the factory is lax.

Picture quality is good through the scart lead though. Didn't get to load the gift so can't comment on how difficult or easy it is.

Before you send back try factory default and upload s.w again ...and check...if any Bug been during update s/w...

HAw to do factory default .? use Scart for time B...if this is really again problem ...You can send to me back i will offer the change and will offer you even LNB free for you for your time lost.. ( write Bobi Refrence )

Before you send back try factory default and upload s.w again ...and check...if any Bug been during update s/w...

HAw to do factory default .? use Scart for time B...if this is really again problem ...You can send to me back i will offer the change and will offer you even LNB free for you for your time lost.. ( write Bobi Refrence )

there we go what a nice gesture not even bought from bobi hope your reading paradox

Thanks for the advice and the kind offer, but i had it packed up ready to return at 22:00, I hung on for as long as i could. If you had been two hours earlier, i would have tried your advice. It is now in transit back to Lee@Goldwafers, who has been a gentleman.

My thanks to all who tried to help.

Notified today by email,

Refund Notification
Your payment for goods to the value of: GBP 200.75
RBS WorldPay receipt for transaction ID: 88224***3
Description: Order #GOLDWAFERS-8**4

That is a full refund, so thanks to Lee at GW's.

Back