Good Food and Recipe Thread

To tell the truth, I wouldn't go to a recipe site as it is the chef telling you how easy it is and I wouldnt know if they were making it sound easier than it is. But here we can get some good recipes and actualy ask those that post them a question if we need to.

I say keep it going guys, I dont usually try recipes incase I mess up but I maybe just try a few sometime.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't go to a recipe site as it is the chef telling you how easy it is and I wouldnt know if they were making it sound easier than it is. But here we can get some good recipes and actualy ask those that post them a question if we need to.

I say keep it going guys, I dont usually try recipes incase I mess up but I maybe just try a few sometime.

Hi Jaffa i try to only post recipes that i tried and like, no way would i post one i didnt like, i am sure everyone who knows about cooking that many dishes go in the bin before getting to the table coz you tried something different and its spoiled.

I remember me and my wife went out one day to get some ingredients for a recipe i tried, i think it was a Japanese one, it was the dearest meal i ever made, the whole lot went in the bin , it was disgusting, and i am sure most chefs would have had this experience, .
so as i said i would only post recipes that i have tried and liked.

Ok guys, I would like to say this:

1 Food is not copyright not registered, you can adapt a recepie and claim it as your own.
2 Even if you follow a recepie to the letter, sometime it doesn't work or taste the same because most probably in your area the water is hard when the "original" dish is from some place where the water is soft but you don't know. Examples of this are: tea abroad and espresso in the UK (yes, I'm Italian, been in the UK for 30 years and most of them in catering)
3 Without "passion" and "love" for cooking your food will taste ok but you won't have your guests so relaxed at the table that they are trying to take the shoes off under it!!!
4 The quality of the ingredients it has to be first class.

Aftermath, your attitude to food and cooking is spot on, keep it up and enjoy yourself.

I think I will try the roast parsnip soup 1st because I am the only one in our house who likes parsnip, therefore only I will have to taste it. I havent actually saw any others which I would want to try but I am sure you will post something that I like, preferably something easy but different.

Which ones are the restaurant ones? Recepies usually tell you the servings, if you need more or less adjust to your needs. It would be different if this were cake recepies, with those you got to be precise. If you have cooked before you don't really need the time of cooking, you know when is cooked even if have never cooked it before.

i am a bloody chef lol ..i guess ive cooked before .

Right Countryboy, just us a nice Scotish dish please. the best I could do for here is Champ...lol. I cant even make Irish stew ffs, but am willing to try.

champ is irish and its made by with scallons (springonion) cooked in milk a little salt white peper added this to creamed tatties .. but its an irish dish .

lol lol. I know it Irish m8, its either the way I read it or the way you read it but I meant Champ is the only thing I can make and thats just potatoes and scallions...lol I was trying to say I can cook none.

My Favourite Sunday Roast. Pork

This is my favourite way of cooking a Pork Joint Chaps, i got the idea from Anthony Worrall Thompson, so most of it is his but its easy to change a thing or two to suit yourself.
When you serve it doesnt slice it just falls apart and melts in your mouth.
This is what i am having tomorrow, yippee.

Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Unsalted butter
1, or 1.5 Kilos Joint of pork (2ld, 2oz - 3lb, 3oz )
3 onions, finely sliced
Sprig of Rosemary ( optional )
2 Bay Leaves ( optional )
½ tbsp chopped sage
3 tbsp plain flour
1 Can of Guiness
450ml/16fl oz chicken stock

For the marinade
1 tbsp ground black peppercorns, crushed
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp wine vinegar

Method
combine the peppercorns, salt, herbs, garlic and sugar in a food processor, then gradually add the oil and vinegar. Rub all over the pork Joint and leave in the firdge for a few hours or more.

Wipe off the marinade and brown the pork off in half the oil and half the butter, or you could use one of those gas flame burner things (brulee burner i think the real name is )until brown on all sides Then heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2

Remove the pork onto a plate for now.

Add the remaining butter and oil to the pan and heat gently.
Once foaming, add the onions, chopped sage , sprig of rosemary and bayleaf.
Allow to cook over a gentle heat until the onion is soft and golden-brown.
This will take about 20 minutes.
Add the flour and continue to cook for five minutes, stirring regularly.

Place the pork back on top of the onion slices in the casserole.Add the marinade, stout and chicken stock to the pan, bring to the boil and cover the dish.
Cook the pork slowly for about between 4 and 5 hours Rind side up on 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2.

For the Gravy.
Let the pan juices cool down then Pour all the juices into a food processor and blend until smooth. If the liquid is too thin, boil vigorously to reduce.

serve with your favourite sunday veg

This is my favourite way of cooking a Pork Joint Chaps, i got the idea from Anthony Worrall Thompson, so most of it is his but its easy to change a thing or two to suit yourself.

Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Unsalted butter
3 onions, finely sliced
½ tbsp chopped sage
3 tbsp plain flour
1 Can of Guiness

For the marinade
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp wine vinegar

Method
combine the peppercorns, salt, herbs, garlic and sugar in a food processor, then gradually add the oil and vinegar. Rub all over the pork Joint and leave in the firdge for a few hours or more.

Wipe off the marinade and brown the pork off in half the oil and half the butter, or you could use one of those gas flame burner things (brulee burner i think the real name is )until brown on all sides Then heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2

Place the pork back on top of the onion slices in the casserole.Add the marinade, stout and chicken stock to the pan, bring to the boil and cover the dish.
Cook the pork slowly for about between 4 and 5 hours Rind side up on 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2.

For the Gravy.
Let the pan juices cool down then Pour all the juices into a food processor and blend until smooth. If the liquid is too thin, boil vigorously to reduce.

or save the blood at the beging as use that as the thicking agent ..

Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Unsalted butter
3 onions, finely sliced
½ tbsp chopped sage
3 tbsp plain flour
1 Can of Guiness

For the marinade
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp wine vinegar

Method

For the Gravy.

Ok i have my sister and her kids round on sundays and we take turns in cooking. Its her week this week and she is gonna cook the above hehe (she just doesnt know it yet). Anyway deal is i always buy the ingreadients (im a kind soul hehe). So being a bit of a thicko i need some more info please.
Where can i get -

Sprig of Rosemary
2 Bay Leaves
ground black peppercorns
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
lol i just know im gonna get the P taken here but i need to know like what isle hehe ie veg isle ect. Sorry for being a complete lame head :eater:
And can you clarify what type of oil you mean at this point "Ingredients
2 tbsp oil"
Ta in advance peeps. ps i already feel a right T*T for having to ask ....lol

Ok i have my sister and her kids round on sundays and we take turns in cooking. Its her week this week and she is gonna cook the above hehe (she just doesnt know it yet). Anyway deal is i always buy the ingreadients (im a kind soul hehe). So being a bit of a thicko i need some more info please.
Where can i get -

Sprig of Rosemary
2 Bay Leaves
ground black peppercorns
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
lol i just know im gonna get the P taken here but i need to know like what isle hehe ie veg isle ect. Sorry for being a complete lame head :eater:
And can you clarify what type of oil you mean at this point "Ingredients
2 tbsp oil"
Ta in advance peeps. ps i already feel a right T*T for having to ask ....lol

I am fortunate to have a rosemary plant in my garden so i just snap off a sprig when i want one, same as the bay leaves , i have a bay tree, i keep a lot of herbs.

but anyway go to your local supermarke and buy them dried, they are all herbs and come in Jars or refill boxes ( Schwarts ) is the make of them , but any other make will do, you might be able to get a rosemary plant , if not, look in the vegetables and herbs department and you should be able to buy a few sprigs in a carton.
If your unsure just write them down and ask at the supermarket where they are.

Use any oil you like, but i mostly use olive oil or extra virgine olive oil, vegetable oil will do more or less the same job, but olive oil is better for you and has a better taste to it.

hope this helps you mate.

good eating to you.

Thanks for that. Off to morrisons in the morning then lol. Ive just called sis and let her know so she knows what she has to do hehe. Thanks again.

no probs mate hope all goes well, or i will be getting loads of stick tomorrow.

i think i might not have mentioned , throw away the rosemary sprig and the bay leaves before you blend the liquid to make the gravy, or you might not want to use them at all after all i said they are optional, and dont think they make that much difference, its up to you mate.

well thanks aftermath if anything its given me idears to try something different or just where to look.

by the way u guys love ur pork!!! i don't eat pork what about some fish dishes

well thanks aftermath if anything its given me idears to try something different or just where to look.

by the way u guys love ur pork!!! i don't eat pork what about some fish dishes

What sort of fish do you have in mind, i dont normally cook much fish as i am the only one in my house who likes fish.
I prefer Cod i know a good cod in batter one , or i also like sea bass,or Golden Bream.

Now youve got my mouth watering, LOL

i need a glass of white wine to wash it down with , LOL

bream, tuna, kingfish any of those i go to billingsgate every two months so any thing u recommend to buy and try

bream, tuna, kingfish any of those i go to billingsgate every two months so any thing u recommend to buy and try

shamak(sp)

take a whole trout gutted .. stuff it with lts of herbs anything really ex parsley .. but make sure corrainder is in there . all fresh herbs none of this dried crap ... chop 1/2 clove garlic add all above stuff it in .. heat a knife over a flame criss cross the fish to mark it the remains of the oil left in the bowl smar it all over leave wrapped in an air tight bag 15 20 mins . wrap it in tin foil . cook at a real hot temp . 250-270
20 mins depending on over . house ovens are different mabey 25 mins .serve in an greek salad ..

Back