Gibertini 1M Dish V Triax TD110

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering the difference between the quality of the two dishes. As I have always thought that the bigger the dish the more channels you would get. So in theory the 1.1m would be better than the 1m dish, but I have read that the Gibertini 1m dish is a very good dish, how does it compare with a triax TD110? with the black ultra inverto lnb as this seems to be the preferred choice these days.
Thanks for your opinions.

the only dish that gathers as much signal as a good quality 1.1M dish, is another good quality 1.1M dish

the dish acts in the same way as a magnifying glass in the sun does, it collects the light (signal) and turns it into a bright spot, the bigger, and better quality the dish, the brighter and hotter that hot spot of collected light is

there are really craaaaaaaaappppppp cheap 'generic' dishes available, and these dishes that claim 'this 65cm dish acts exactly like a 1M dish does' are actually telling the truth, but, its a clever marketing ploy by the company selling the dish, and heres how

they get a good quality 65cm dish with a 0.1db lnb, and a sh!tty generic 1M dish, imported from the far reaches of albania or somewhere like that, made out of recycled chimney flues, and beaten into shape by a small army of slave children, with an older lnb, could be up to 3db loss, and they point them at the same satellite and take signal readings, and list them as follows

'our super mega 65cm same as a 1M dish' gain 74dB
'our competitors 1M dish on THE SAME signal' 73.78db

with a gibertini 1M and a triax 1.1M, they are both quality made dishes, with the triax probably being slightly the inferior of the 2, but, the differences between the signal they recieve would be fractional, so for me, the deciding factor would simply be, the cheapest one :)

gibertini all day for me thats not to say the triax is a bad dish its not(im using one atm) but the gibertini dish is a well made dish using quality components like ali face and galvanised nuts,bolts bracketry ect and is lighter so wont put as much pressure on the motor. side by side in tests the gibby would beat the triax just slightly due to better manufacturing and being more efficient at its job. the elevation bracket on the triax dish isnt the best design either but its all down to what your willing to spend i guess,regards mdt

the elevation bracket on the triax dishes is (imo) one of the worst that i work with, a fractional adjustment is nearly impossible, unless you 'wobble' the dish sideways to 'walk' it up or down the wierd clamp that holds the dish, but money / quality wise, they are amoung the best

Thanks both, I have had the experience as digi says with the bracket on the triax and found it very hard to get a good signal, is the gibertini bracket better to get the small increments to ensure you get the best possible signal?
Thanks both for your input great help.

I have also worked with both and have had both personally the price difference is about £20 if you shop around as the Gibby is not as mainstream as the Triax, As MDT says the Gibby is Ally faced with galvanised steel everything else where as the triax will end up rusting before you know it. In tests as Digidude states it is fractional and i mean hardly anything in it signal wise.

But as you stated is the Gibby easier to adjust for finer movement then yes it is i hate that clamp style bracket on the back of the triax with a vengeance, if i where to downgrade to a 1m then another Gibby it would be by a long chalk

Back