Fraud Warning DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

stihl260

DW Top Poster +
Reaction score
DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!

R4 DS | R4 Card | R4i 3DS | R4i DSi | Nintendo DS R4 Card

This although is a public admition of my own Stupidity, It can serve as a Warning to others not to suffer the same Fate.
Its took since the early days Of dial up till now for the Scammers to get me, So i suppose i have done Well up to now?

Like most people on here i like to think im net savy and dont fall for the usual Phising Emails etc, seen it all before.
If i click on a link its one i trust , not one from an Email.

Thus so far No Nigerian Kings have become my freinds , or paid any money to release Money that i have Inherited as a result of Being traced as a long lost relative.

On the odd ocasion i have had Scammers try it on through Ebay/Paypal and Got my money back.
We have most of us been down that road, i think at some time or another.

Generally i only buy from Reputable sites i know, like Amazon, Play etc.

My Paypal account is linked to a 2nd account (not my Current account) , which i only use for Ebay/Paypal (so its easy to spot anything unusual).

But on the odd ocassion there are items that can only be bought from "shall we say, not the usual sources!" and have to shipped from abroad.

Sites that sell items that are illeagal to sell in this country due to infringment of Copyright due to their use.

Well my usual source for Dsi Carts has no doubt been shut down, never had a problem.
So using Our favourite search engine its off to find another source.

After looking at several sites that all wanted my card details (No Chance!), although i could use my cerdit card that would offer protection.

I finally found one that was very competative in price and would allow me to pay using Paypal.
In fact thinking about it now, i should have twigged that any site using Paypal does not need to ask for Shipping Address, Name etc as these are all info given to the seller via paypal.

Lots of user reveiws and a Co.uk web address (not that that means anything!).

So i parted with my Paypal cash and noticed no Amount info appeared in the left hand Payment Window.
Alarm bells should have started ringing at that point.

My Email addy received shipping confirmation etc order details and shipping time of up to 25 days.
That alone tells me that its not UK based, so more alarm bells should have sounded!

Lets face it we have all ordered from outside the UK and up to now, I not had any major problems.

At this point i went to bed.

I woke up this morning to find that apparently i had taken out a subscription through paypal for $164.00
See Below:

Business Name: LicensePal
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: +44 7846536433

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Stange that this is also based in China and happend at 01:30 this morning.
Seing as i was sound asleep (unless i sleep walk, turn on my PC and like chinese Subscriptions), we can safely say it wasnt me!

After checking My Paypal Linked Bank account indeed i had had funds taken from my account.

So at this point i would like to congratulate the chinese Fraudsters.

Yes my Paypal account has been Compromised.

Upon speaking to my bank, they said although they could investigate and would,but my first point of call would need to be Paypal fraud team.

Logged into Paypal, changed Password, opened Dispute on Both trasactions.
I will give Paypal their dues and they are fast to investigate and suspend payments.
Both cases are well on their to proving this was fraud.
Anyway my accopunt is now limited (not bothered until this is resolved as i can use my wifes paypal account).

Luckily my Payal password is unique and not the same as any other used including Email.

So they didnt manage to access my Gmail account.

New Bank issued etc and the thas that will cause me!

My only problem will be that the scammers now have my Name (not full name as i only use my middle name on official things, bank, credit card etc)

Even Paypal dont have my middle name!

My home address in the UK.

So lets just wait and see what damage they try do do with that info.
No they dont have my DOB!

Lets see how many Illeagal Immigrants end up using my details on Passorts, driving License etc (joking Apart).

Its Easy to see how Idendity Goes on.

Anyway If my Stupidy saves someone on here from the same fate it was worth the Embarresment!!!!!!!!!!

The moral of the Story is "If it seems too good to be true, It usually Is!"

Lesson well and truely Learnt!!!!!!!

Back