FOR SALE-1TB 2.5" SATA Hard Drive HGST

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
FOR SALE
1TB 2.5" SATA Hard Drive HGST (Western Digital)£50 paypal delivered free to UK only

This hard drive was taken out of my brand new Compaq 15-s107na Notebook PC (Intel Celeron N2840 with Intel HD Graphics, 4 GB RAM, 1TB, Windows 8.1)Today as i use SSD in laptops.

Drive contains untouched fully licensed and activated compaq windows 8.1 OS.
It can be fitted to any laptop or computer and should run no problems but i can not Guarantee for every machine
I have tested on 2 other computers and it boots to windows 8.1 set up both times.20141216_090223.jpg

Specs
2.5-INCH MOBILE HARD DRIVE

Power Efficient – More "unplugged" notebook time
Quiet Acoustics– Richer audio-listening for music, movies and games
Data Security – Self-encrypting models
1TB of Storage Capacity for Mobile Platforms
Travelstar™ 5K1000 is a 5400 RPM, 500GB/platter, 2.5-inch hard drive available in 640GB,750GB and 1TB models. This standard 9.5mm, two-disk design, intended for use in notebook PCs, external storage, gaming consoles and other mobile applications, leverages Advanced Format,which increases the physical sector size on hard drives from 512 bytes to 4096 (4K) bytes to increase drive capacities and improve error correction capabilities. Consult the HGST Advanced Format Technology Brief for more information on using these hard drives.The Travelstar 5K1000 is the first 1TB 2.5-inch HDD with a 6Gb/s SATA interface and delivers best-of-breed 5400 RPM performance in PCMark 7 and PCMark Vantage testing. The 5K1000 continues to demonstrate HGST’s ecological leadership with its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, and carries the EcoTrac classification. Travelstar 5K1000 delivers the highest mobile capacity with excellent performance to meet the needs of consumers and commercial users in an eco-friendly,rugged design.

Encryption Option
Travelstar 5K1000 is the seventh generation self-encrypting drive (SED) to feature HGST’s Bulk Data Encryption. The SED encrypts data using protected keys in real time, providing users the highest level of data protection available. It also speeds and simplifies drive repurposing. By deleting the encryption key,the data on the drive is rendered unreadable, thereby eliminating the need for time-consuming data-overwrite. For information about the SED models designed to the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal Storage Security specification, please contact your HGST representative.
Enhanced Availability (EA)—for 24x7 Access to Data HGST provides enhanced availability models of the Travelstar 5K1000 that allow 24x7 access to data to support applications that require round-the-clock operation. The 5K1000 provides high capacity, durability and low power utilization on a proven platform for quality and reliability. EA models support the stringent demands of“always-on” applications in lower-transaction environments.

Highlights
• 1TB of capacity
• Advanced Format, 512 byte emulation
• 6Gb/s SATA interface
• Low power consumption
• Halogen-free for eco-friendly design
• Self-encrypting models for data security
• Enhanced availability (EA) models for applications needing around-the-clock access in lower-transaction environments

Applications / Environments
• Notebook PCs
• External storage
• Gaming consoles
• Small-form-factor video devices
• Blade servers (EA)
• Network routers (EA)
• Video surveillance (EA)

Any Questions please ask/message me.

Last edited:
Interested in this mate. But don't get paid till Xmas eve :(

No worries mate will hold it for you if you want....

Item is sold to rs2K-Rider.
Payment has been received and item posted.
Many thanks.

Last edited:
Back