Feedback for latest Phantom patches 755P 29/8/13

holmroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Feedback for latest Phantom patches 753/5P 29/8/13

On my TM6900HD Super:-
As well as the impossible Blind Scan scenario, where scan totally freezes up receiver after 22% of scan every time regardless of scan interval selection and which has only EVER happened with patches 755P mks 1 & 2.
Plus I even tried splitting the Blind Scan into first 21% (up to freq 11560V) then 23% (11580 V to end) which ended up giving me over 700 new channels - and almost the same as I've been getting on 1w for years in ALL previous patches!
We also still find that Sly TV HD channels on 28E freeze up after 30-45 minutes, but audio continues!

SCT HD on 13E still freezes up immediately, yet audio continues!
Also when you first boot up after loading patch, then when you select 8281 for first time to open .... the first '''' states 'open' then whole TM6900HD Super freezes up and cold boot required to get it going again - on/off power required with rear toggle switch!!

Good points:-
xxxxxx Softcam works ok with 755P to open D..Tur. on 7E SD channels
Opens ORF SD & HD on 19E
Opens CS Link 23.5E SD channels but NOT HD ones
Opens Bulsat remaining Irdeto 2 channels on 39E

So still several important issues to fix please Phantom!:licka:

Last edited:
Re: Feedback for latest Phantom patches 753/5P 29/8/13

Hello m8,

Why are these patches not being tested before release?

The blind scan in particular ?

Don't understand blind scan problems with this model when it never existed before?

Please Phantom test before release.

Blind Scan on 755P working ok with 7E, but not with 1W, so this still means we havec a serious issue?:drink:

I'm sorry to read this, kinda lost as to how this can happen.

Surely they can restore the blind search on this Stb. given, there was no previous blind search problems.

Hopefully with further adjustment on patch this can be remedied.

I have tried patch 7.55p but several issues including Blind Scan function not working as it was intended lead me to go back to 7.53p but Bulsat not working on this version? so will go back to an earlier patch,

After a furter test of 7.55p went back to patch 7.35p issued 8th Dec 2010

Blind Scan works very well for example:- Transponders close together do not overwrite the previous transponder symbol rate,

24.5 west 11674 V 27500 NTA ect only appears once in the found channels window instead of duplicated as with all patches after 7.39p

Bulsat works ok 39 east but ORF,MTV ect not clearing on 19.2 east neither do channels on 23.5 east, all Biss ok after 2 factory resets I may go on to try 7.38p later but for now I will stick with 7.35p.

TM6900HD Super+ Now trying 7.37p Bulsat ok, ORF ok,MTV Rocks ect ok,no encrypted clearing on 23.5 east,5 east nordic tv ok on all patches,

Blind Scan works just as well with 7.37p as it did with 7.35p so this will do me for now,

I do hope that this feedback helps for further upgrades improvements as 7.53p & 7.55p the latest patch needs a few more modifications to improve the receivers performance.

TM6900HD Super+ Now trying 7.37p Bulsat ok, ORF ok,MTV Rocks ect ok,no encrypted clearing on 23.5 east,5 east nordic tv ok on all patches,

Blind Scan works just as well with 7.37p as it did with 7.35p so this will do me for now,

I do hope that this feedback helps for further upgrades improvements as 7.53p & 7.55p the latest patch needs a few more modifications to improve the receivers performance.

Well I shall perservere with 755P until next patch mate, as I think the 7E package isd the best softcam one for ages, thats MY opiniuon anyway mate - and you only get that with 755P - I think!
Have you tried the Blind Scan on 1W with 755P meliin - its just that on my TM6900HD Super it 'hangs up' at 22% (approx 11675V) and I have to scan in two parts around that frequency - to get a 'whole' scan!!:drink:

TM6900HD Super+
Now re testing 7.38p issued Jan 31st 2011

Bulsat ok,
ORF ok,
MTV Rocks ect ok,
CS Link not working on 23.5 east,
5 east nordic tv ok on all patches,
no Digi Turk on 7 east,

Blind Scan works just as well with 7.38p as it did with 7.35p

CCCam disconnects after 10 min just change channels & it is ok again,

7.55p is almost there but the Blind Scan can be as good as it is on 7.38p with a bit more work on the patch,

I hope that this feedback helps for further upgrades improvements as 7.55p the latest patch needs a few more modifications to improve the receivers performance.

Last edited:

Thanks merliin mate, I think we MUST now finally be very close to a really good patch 756P? - blind scan & Cccam items freezing after 45-60mins on 28E package being the main 'hold up' to this!
Thanks Phantom, we are SO close now - but as I've said elsewhere I believe the 7E package when opened with softcam & patch 755P (29/8/13 one) is more worthwhile than some of the ones we lose when using old patches 726P (the BEST old one!) or 737P/738P mate?:drink:

Here's a real KILLER for the latest patches - I have noticed more and more that my TM6900HD Super has been locking up immediately I boot up from cold!
I suspected a possible problem with the Power Board and changed a bulging capacitor over the weekend, thinking reasonably that this would remedy the problem - but NO I cannot even then get the stb to stay on unfrozen even after constantly switching off/on at the back!
I have been testing test 'beta' patches direct from TM/Phantom, plus patches 752P, 753P, two lots of 755P (28 & 29/8) - all with same prob!
So I've now reverted to patch 726P - and its now ALL FINE - so SOMETHING in these crap patches is now also causing power supply problems - on TOP of everything else!
Needless to say I'm feeling very peeved with all this - even more so - please sort all this out please Phantom asap!:mad:

(PS: I am now back on old faithful patch 726P - with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL - apart of course from lacking all the later mod for softcams etc!) :Angryfire

Very sorry to read your post above m8.Glad you have gone back to what is stable on yer box.

Likewise i have reverted back to 101p on the 5402 m2.

I hope as we speak the s/ware is being re/ written from original sources , for Phantom to then modify, for our Stbs.

Back