Downlink frequency: 10911 MHz
Polarization: Vertical (Y)
Symbol rate: 27500 (27.5 Msymbol/s)
DVB-S2
8PSK
FEC 3/4
Signal in High Definition, 16/9, 1080i 25fps
Free to air (no encryption)

EUTELSAT 3D has been built for Eutelsat by Thales Alenia Space using its established Spacebus 4000 platform.

With a baseline design equipping it to strengthen Eutelsat’s overall in-orbit flexibility and back-up from multiple orbital slots, EUTELSAT 3D will initially be located at the 3° East orbital position to address high-growth video, data, telecom and broadband markets.

Through its configuration of Ku and Ka transponders connected to three footprints, the new satellite will serve customers in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia. A fourth service area in the Ku-band will address markets in sub-Saharan Africa.

EUTELSAT 3D will operate at 3° East until the deployment of the EUTELSAT 3B satellite to this position in 2014 to provide spectrum growth and high levels of operational flexibility in C, Ku and Ka bands. It will subsequently continue service at 7° East.

regards mdt

Hi mdt,

Thanks for the info mate... from what I have read... I think they (Eutelsat) have big plans for the 3.0°E orbital position...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Back