ESTAR Sim DM800HD SE - Machine gone mad

oberkorn28

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my DM800HD SE ESTAR sim.

To start with i noticed i had a lost a wireless adaptor on the list of adaptors - used to have a usb wifi plugged in and the built in wifi activated - and as of tonight a lan cable i have had to run down from my bedroom - the Built in wifi vanished a few days ago.

tried to get it back by flashing the image back and have encountered a few different problems.

The image i flashed with (open pli 4.0 japhar from sep 2015) still doesnt activate the missing built in wifi but does activate the usb wifi stick i have plugged in - this image only has japhar 5.2 which is now defunct and doesnt allow me to add a ccam - so i cant do anything - the image is useless.

i have found a 2016 image (from july 2016) and that particular image has japhar plug in 5.3 - which works and enables me to add a ccam but doesnt enable any of the wi-fi - so i can only use the lan cable - which is currently dangling out of the window to the front room - making it bloody cold in the house,

i am sure i can manually add things via ftp and stuff but have never done it - can anyone help and can anyone work out why i have lost the built in wifi (probably a driver issue ??)

any help will be massively appreciated,

I am having a problem with my DM800HD SE ESTAR sim.

To start with i noticed i had a lost a wireless adaptor on the list of adaptors - used to have a usb wifi plugged in and the built in wifi activated - and as of tonight a lan cable i have had to run down from my bedroom - the Built in wifi vanished a few days ago.

tried to get it back by flashing the image back and have encountered a few different problems.

The image i flashed with (open pli 4.0 japhar from sep 2015) still doesnt activate the missing built in wifi but does activate the usb wifi stick i have plugged in - this image only has japhar 5.2 which is now defunct and doesnt allow me to add a ccam - so i cant do anything - the image is useless.

i have found a 2016 image (from july 2016) and that particular image has japhar plug in 5.3 - which works and enables me to add a ccam but doesnt enable any of the wi-fi - so i can only use the lan cable - which is currently dangling out of the window to the front room - making it bloody cold in the house,

i am sure i can manually add things via ftp and stuff but have never done it - can anyone help and can anyone work out why i have lost the built in wifi (probably a driver issue ??)

any help will be massively appreciated,

Will only be a driver issue do you know the chipset the internal wifi has ?

I am struggling

i have tried my trusted sep 2015 image and it has japhar 5.2 - which wont let me download a ccam as it seems to be dead now

the new image has japhar 5.3 - but no wifi works.

is there a way of manually adding japhar 5.3 via telnet - and then i can just about manage

thanks

I am struggling

i have tried my trusted sep 2015 image and it has japhar 5.2 - which wont let me download a ccam as it seems to be dead now

the new image has japhar 5.3 - but no wifi works.

is there a way of manually adding japhar 5.3 via telnet - and then i can just about manage

thanks

japhar 5.3 ?

Do you mean OpenATV 5.3 by japher ?

If so i can help you with a cam install.

sorry i am a bit of a dumbass with all this.

the image i was using had a japhar "tools" plug in and it was version 5.2 - used to be able to source ccam and drivers etc from there.

thats stopped working - but version 5.3 on the new image i was using DOES work and i was able to add drivers and plug ins etc.

i hope you can help mate

sorry i am a bit of a dumbass with all this.

the image i was using had a japhar "tools" plug in and it was version 5.2 - used to be able to source ccam and drivers etc from there.

thats stopped working - but version 5.3 on the new image i was using DOES work and i was able to add drivers and plug ins etc.

i hope you can help mate

Really need to know the image your running to help.

Reboot the box and look at the splash screens as it boot to see if it displays a team logo.

hi

i managed to use the image you uploaded today - the black hole 302 final one.

got a usb wifi adaptor working - and the built in lan is working - but the built in wifi isnt listed.

how do i find the chipset details for you ?

thanks

hi

i managed to use the image you uploaded today - the black hole 302 final one.

got a usb wifi adaptor working - and the built in lan is working - but the built in wifi isnt listed.

how do i find the chipset details for you ?

thanks

Take a look at the adapter if your lucky it will have some written clues on it.

Back