epg network mount any ideas ?

lucky i got 2 bottles of wine i hope i only have to do this once ?

well i messed that up when i finished the box just rebooted all the time so ive now flashed commando on it but im not having much luck with that epg i only get some epg downloaded ?

I use pli jade on my dm500 and all i do is go to add ons and install sqlite and rytec xml. then blue button and select sqlite database in the EPG data store. Sqlite epg location i set to /temp ,number of days 3 then untick the other boxes and save.
Then go to the yellow button select Dreambox epg.Then for package select Radiotimes and press yellow to retrieve the EPG. You have to map the channels first of course but you only have to do it once

well i messed that up when i finished the box just rebooted all the time so ive now flashed commando on it but im not having much luck with that epg i only get some epg downloaded ?

press the blue button then blue again look down the bottom does it say 'load online epg at startup' has to be on then reboot the box an after a minute the epg starts to download an auto install

its the easiest image out all of them to use and navigate (was it version 14.3)

Last edited:
Yes its version 14.3 and i have it set to download on start up but not really much happening..

I use pli jade on my dm500 and all i do is go to add ons and install sqlite and rytec xml. then blue button and select sqlite database in the EPG data store. Sqlite epg location i set to /temp ,number of days 3 then untick the other boxes and save.
Then go to the yellow button select Dreambox epg.Then for package select Radiotimes and press yellow to retrieve the EPG. You have to map the channels first of course but you only have to do it once

That's exactly the right way to do it,
But I couldn't explain it so clearly lol

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Yes its version 14.3 and i have it set to download on start up but not really much happening..

are you giving it enough time mate, it takes a few minutes for the epg to initialize then it downloads epg from net it takes about 15 mins to complete so patience needed

edit. your box will run slow to begin with as the memory is nearly maxed out, i switch mine on and leave it

Last edited:

the rytec epg mirror location[6] was temporarily unavailable yesterday, you may have been unfortunate to have attempted to download from this random source location instead of one of the other 5 epg mirror sources. rytec epg now uses 6 random mirror sources to spread the epg download usage on each server.

the rytec epg mirror location[6] was temporarily unavailable yesterday, you may have been unfortunate to have attempted to download from this random source location instead of one of the other 5 epg mirror sources. rytec epg now uses 6 random mirror sources to spread the epg download usage on each server.

iv seen the different numbers in the epg info popups wondered what that was about, you say theres 6 mirrors if 1 or 2 of them is unavailable will rebooting box help it connect to dif 1, thanks

yes, on reboot a new random download will be chosen, but this may also still produce the same selection as previous bootup. unless the main server is down which populates the epg data to all the other servers, in which case all epg mirrors will be unavailable. downloading[1] = rytec main server, downloading[6] = rytec backup server, the other servers are from participating sites who have kindly donated bandwidth for rytec epg.

Am i doing something wrong with this epg how do you do a manual download because i still only get bits of epg and where is the epg stored ? should it be the tmp folder or have i changed something by mistake ?.

looks like its down bud im not getting epg either, try again tomorow

Thanks m8 i been pulling my hair out here thinking what have i messed up ...

Is yours set to store in tmp ?

Last edited:
you dont need to change the epg directory in the settings its already done by the coders mines is blank, as LraiZer mentions the rytec epg mirror location[6] is down again an my box keeps trying to connect to that and fails tried rebooting several times but no joy, wot 1 is yours trying to connect?

its trying to connect to 3 m8 but comes up no epg downloaded m8

main servers down by the looks of it, it updated mine today at 11am, cant complain its the first time iv had any probs with it prob back tomorow

I've just tried 9 times before it would change the number lol eventually changed from 5 to 3 and processing as I type :)

try this NEUXMLEPG V1.3 update

rytec seems to have stopped using two of the epg mirror servers in the last week or two. one of them being their official backup site which was the main one that this plugin defaulted to when a first download attempt failed.

v1.3 update to fix rytec random downloads

overwrite current /var/bin/neuxmlepg with this one and chmod 755

fixes the removal of two random download mirrors by rytec.
reworked random mirror generation code and offline re-connection attempts

Last edited by a moderator:
seems rytec have once again made more changes to their random server locations, so i have made the server locations dynamic in the commando neuxmlepg plugin. server locations are now automated to updated every month in this latest version 1.5 HERE. server locations are now also updated along with the channel map list when you press the Update Latest Rytec Settings button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back