English whisky bottled for first time in a century

They are both very very fine indeed :)

I never could tell the difference, Bush or Black Bush.

I must say I used to like the bird though but I don't touch the stuff anymore...Whiskey that is NOT alcohol...:proud:

I don't drink much at all these days but I do like the odd whisky/whiskey. It's one of the few alcoholic drinks that doesn't upset my system.

I don't drink much at all these days but I do like the odd whisky/whiskey. It's one of the few alcoholic drinks that doesn't upset my system.

Apparently it made me nasty so it been banned for many a year now...:proud:

Approximately 48years to be concise when Jim was 33 years of age, TBH i cant imagine you angry mate not like the hulk though.

Lol snap...wonder why it does that to some people, my dad could drink it no probs, but I'm like a raging bull if I have more than a couple, I've never touched it for a while though.

:Cheers:

Great!

All we need now is to start wearing skirts and stuffing sheeps bladders full of sick and we can finally jettison Scotland into space!

Macallan is my favorite malt, used to be partial to 100 pipers blend when i was younger.

thebigman

Jamesons is lovely - and Black Bush...

A joy!

I worked in a whisky shop and it was one of the best jobs i ever had and yes we got to try every one on sale. (tough job)
If you love a drop of Jamesons and Black Bush then you must try Auchentoshan or Glengoyne which are the two smoothest whisky's from Scotland.
Glengoyne is now my dads tipple at Christmas.

Personally i like Poit Dhubh(pronounced pot doobie) 8 Year Old and Té Bheag (tee bag)Unchilfiltered which is the blended version.
Both are cheap and take a bit of getting used to but well worth the effort..

http://www.gaelicwhisky.com/

I'll have to give the Auchentoshan a try.

Mind you, my wife bought me a bottle of Glenfiddich for my birthday, in June, and I've only had abot a third of it.

Mind you, my wife bought me a bottle of Glenfiddich for my birthday, in June, and I've only had abot a third of it.
I opened a bottle of Laphroaig the night my daughter was born, that was 10 years ago and its not even 1/2 done lol.

thebigman

I opened a bottle of Laphroaig the night my daughter was born, that was 10 years ago and its not even 1/2 done lol.

thebigman

I'm not surprised. I don't like the Island Malts. They all taste like medicine.

I'll have to give the Auchentoshan a try.

Glencoyne and Auchentoshan are the two "Lowland" distilleries and are often overlooked in favour of the Highland and Island brands. They're both excellent malts though.

http://www.visitscottishheartlands.com/whisky/lowland.html

thebigman

I'm a landowner because of that fine spirit Laphroaig (La froig).

It's actually a lifetime lease of a square foot of the Isle of Islay, I can also charge rent, which is a dram a year, but I'd need to travel there to collect.

You need to get the barcode of your bottle registered to become a "Friend of Laphroaig", and your own plot :)
--
At the moment, my malt of choice is Islay, but special mention goes to Glen Moray, which is a Speyside.
--
As for English wh***y, if ah had some, ah widnae drink it!!!

Same as Japanese whisky, I would never buy, nor drink it. might use it to wash my boots though.
Some things are just not meant to be.
--
Strangely enough, I don't mind the sour mash whiskey from the states, and although I haven't tried it yet, I thimk I'll give Bushmills a try next time I'm in the mood.
--
The water of life affects different people differently, only a few days ago I found out that a mate had gotten up to some particularly nasty $h1t while on the drink, he's looking at a long stay in the big house without a doubt, the more I hear about it & his past, then they should throw the key away.

Some people are not wired up correctly, and the whisky seems to bring out the bad (psychotic) side.

I'm a landowner because of that fine spirit Laphroaig (La froig).

It's actually a lifetime lease of a square foot of the Isle of Islay, I can also charge rent, which is a dram a year, but I'd need to travel there to collect.

You need to get the barcode of your bottle registered to become a "Friend of Laphroaig", and your own plot :)

Top tip seedy, just went and signed up. I'm now a "Friend of Laphroaig" myself.

thebigman

but special mention goes to Glen Moray, which is a Speyside.

...on offer in Morrison's at the moment, £14.99 a bottle! Must be the bargain of the season. :Cheers:
Same as Japanese whisky, I would never buy, nor drink it. might use it to wash my boots though.
Some things are just not meant to be.

I would have agreed with you up until a couple of years ago, until my eldest, who lives in Japan, brought me a bottle of this for Christmas.

Nikka Pure Malt Black

...on offer in Morrison's at the moment, £14.99 a bottle! Must be the bargain of the season. :Cheers:

I would have agreed with you up until a couple of years ago, until my eldest, who lives in Japan, brought me a bottle of this for Christmas.

Nikka Pure Malt Black

I met a guy on holiday that worked in the industry for a long time all over scotland and he rekons the japanese whiskey is very very good quality

Back