dr linux silence is deafening !!!!!!!!

Not sure I have the same grasp of economics as DR Linux. I make it £4 for a usb adapter plus the cost of a usb disk to replace the disk advised by UR. Also I may be getting old and the eyes groweth dim, but I have never seen anything on the UR download site about internal usb adapters.

Besides the problem is a basic handshake issue so depending on the specific make of adapter it could well suffer the same issues as a disk.

Last edited:
OK all of you expecting so many things but no body complains about picture quality and constant viewing and enjoying 2 or 3 hours movie without losing picture quality without freezing blocking
Your right no one complains about picture quality because thats fine :) but I wouldn't say we can sit and watch a 2 or 3 hour movie and be happy because of audio drop outs on HD channels

also I understood from tm 98% of tm800 buyers are installers and shops which they sell direct to their customers with their server lines ready and installed fully
So the installer walks away after install and its fully set up and working :) end user is happy and will probably not flash and mess around with new images in future
as we have said problems seem to arise when fragments of old/new images are left on the box You Fail To To Take This In

4-as all electronics first time price is high then will be reduced fact of life.
a laptop at the start example £ 500 wait about 2 month it will £ 400 and will go lower so complaining is not relevant .
I think it is relevant ! I will use a laptop as comparison as you did, when I buy a laptop and get it home, I plug it in and go through firt set up just like I did my current Dell it works firt time as it should out the box, so I am happy :) yes 8 months down the line the price of my dell has dropped as expected
but hey I can't moan coz its worked and done what it supposed to and Ive never had to ring them up with any problems, so in this case the price drop is irrelevant
In this case with a receiver that still don't work as advertised and for the main reasons I bought it, Recording and Multimedia then for things that did once work and now don't, things being disabled in code that are basic enigma functions not to work when I paid full price and then drops by £50 I think Is Relevant!

Did you not look at the 2 recording in post 15 ? I have used the same USB HDD since I bought this box and at one point recording was faultless
all I have done is flash newer images and gone back to previous backups so I cant see why my recording should once work on a image and when you return to it from a newer image flash then doesn't ?? becausethe box doesn't erase itself!

Last edited:
This guy is a joke, think its time for everyone to contact consumer direct, ASA etc and officially complain about TM not the shop or person you bought the STB from.

DR Linux,

once again I disagree, your attitude is that dealers sell the box with clines installed to general joe the public, providing the box had been jtagged and a good image installed these people are happy!

Well maybe so, because these people have purchased the box for one reason and one reason only.... which in actual fact could be done much cheaper than purchacing in the TM800

Most people on forums have a bit more understanding and are a bit more demanding in getting the most out of there purchase, me included.

The TM800 was marketed as a multimedia platform, which to this day is still not right so was a bit misleading.

Whilst I think most people agree that Technomate are a good company, this TM800 has caused them a mini nightmare and is tarnishing there reputation.

There is no point in all visiting London to demo one box, when we all have one at home that we can try ourselfs and WE KNOW the issues.

Maybe a sticker should be put on the box, "ideal for people with no knowledge" because I think thats what your trying to say Dr Linux

Having said all this, I really hope the issues for the "advanced" users can be sorted because I agree the picture quality is great on the TM800 and would love to see it a big success.

So Dr Linux, it is not good enough you sitting there saying there are no problems - when clearly there is

All of us on this forum are trying to help TM & UR develop this image to help to make a stunning receiver, so we should not be critized for expressing our opinion

sorry for spelling!

I would also like to thanks members of the forum for getting the box to where it is today, and hope we can contiune to move forward

The following post is not meant to offend nor is directed at any individual, it is just my opinion :)

Why play point the finger game? "DM did this TM do this" I don't get it!

For once lets just keep all the companies separate and take some responsibility,
If I wanted to know what DM did/do/are I would be on a DM tread, and the last time I looked,
this is a TM thread, all I want to know is "what is TM doing about the my TM800HD" (the box I worked bloody hard to pay for)
and yes I paid full whack over a year ago, and yes I knew it wasn't fully developed, but I
just think that nearly 13 months later my box should be what is WAS advertised to be,
and IMHO it's not,

Yes the picture quality is good I can't fault that, but my box is supposed to have a PVR and media player,
It's this reason I purchased my TM800HD, and no I don't want to sell it and get another,
I like my box but I would LOVE it if it functioned as it's supposed to do.

98% of tm800 buyers are installers and shops which they sell direct to their customers with their server lines ready and installed fully

This screams volumes about the logic behind the image development process

and this is also the very thing thats destroying the hobby for people like us

for 13 months us hobbyists have waited for fixes, been promised fixes, and let down by the UR team time and time again, but, when an encrypted HD channel plays up and scum bag C: line traders start to lose money, UR will release an image with 'high bitrate HD channel fixed'

so 98% of the TM800 sales is whats destroying the hobby for real enthusiasts, who buy linux based receivers to release their full potential. the 2% that do all the moaning, are the same people who make the receiver better for the 98% of clueless spoonfed sheeple being ripped off by traders, its these same 98% of people who give linux receivers a bad name, as when something goes wrong, theyre too stupid to even begin knowing where to look to sort it out

so they get on google, then you have forums swamped with 'i have a TM800 with the URSR image on and all my channels have gone off, how can i get them back please'

the UR team needs to decide, its either coding for traders, and watch linux based TM products get abandoned by the people who WANT it to work, or it listens to the people who want to make it better, take in their advise, as theres some VERY knowledgable people around, and make the TM800 work as it should

That`s the problem with TM I have mentioned before they are just in it for the traders.

just tried watching a movie in Hd and it was so out of sync and losing volume the movie was unwatchable - i really think we as a forum -and the main tm support forum for the box (as knowbodyelse can be bothered with it anymore) should bocott technomate unitl they bloody sit up and take notice and listen and start telling the truth - is there anyway we could start a petition and get it sent down to TM and try and get them to tell the fuc+++g truth and try and get teh underlying problems sorted thats causing the box to fail !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a thought Dr Linux. Maybe you should send me your near perfect box and you can have mine as Im fed up with the wife whinging about the box freezing which sods law usually happens near the end of a program she is watching (oops there it goes again). Got the box just before the world cup as image was supposed to be working and you were supposed to be able to record to INTERNAL disk. Do you not think its about time (after a year) fingers were pulled out and something was done to make the box work as it was advertised. I paid full whack and if I spent £250 quid on anything else Id expect it to work as advertised. Like everyone else my patience is wearing thing, after a year what do you expect???
Better stop before it sounds like a rant. Oh and by BTW picture quality is great.

Better stop before it sounds like a rant. .

lol I know what you mean, as your typing you think of other things that you wanna type
the more you type the more it sounds like a rant, but you don't wanna rant thats not your intention, you just want to be heard, get it off your chest

hope and pray that TM will say to UR Enough is Enough your making TM look a joke now! our customers are loosing faith in us
but no TM still listen to UR and..........STOP!!!!!

Phew there I was nearly off on a rant there :lol: ;)

lol I know what you mean, as your typing you think of other things that you wanna type
the more you type the more it sounds like a rant, but you don't wanna rant thats not your intention, you just want to be heard, get it off your chest

hope and pray that TM will say to UR Enough is Enough your making TM look a joke now! our customers are loosing faith in us
but no TM still listen to UR and..........STOP!!!!!

Phew there I was nearly off on a rant there :lol: ;)

Problem is that as Dr Linux has stated 98% if their customer are traders who sell boxes with preconfigged lines. They apparently are not complaining.

So why should TM care what UR Team fix or dont fix, as long as the traders are happy it doesnt matter.

The 2% of enthusiasts on forums who actually care about the box functioning as advertised are insignificant in comparison to the 98% of traders.... So looks like you guys are in effect banging your heads against a brickwall.

Now you know the business ethics behind TM, might want to carefully consider which products you buy next time !

Problem is that as Dr Linux has stated 98% if their customer are traders who sell boxes with preconfigged lines. They apparently are not complaining.

So why should TM care what UR Team fix or dont fix, as long as the traders are happy it doesnt matter.

The 2% of enthusiasts on forums who actually care about the box functioning as advertised are insignificant in comparison to the 98% of traders.... So looks like you guys are in effect banging your heads against a brickwall.

Now you know the business ethics behind TM, might want to carefully consider which products you buy next time !

Thats certainly helped me choose my next sat box, the general punter is not important, as long as the traders are buying the product.

If i was going to buy something, like this box i was considering it, and when i finally got the box flashed the image and found out some of the box Specifications didn't work as advertised, i would be really pissed off ! When you buy something you expect everything to work AS ADVERTISED, you don't expect people writing on forums saying this doesn't work correctly, that doesn't work correctly, why would some be writing things like this if the box did work correctly ?

I think alot of people see this box to have great potential, it could be one of the best, that's why alot of people brought it knowing that it wasn't as stable as advertised, personally no way am i buying, nor recommending this box to anyone until things like the issuses listed down the page are fixed.

Most people are pissed off, they've had enough, they've been promised things but still there box isn't working 100 %, they had hope for this box, like 6 months ago it was there, now hope Gradually faded.

This thread about the TM - 800 HD is the thread, that states what's not working correctly about this box, it needs analysing by the people that need to put this correct, the problems in this thread need attention, to be looked into and fixed once and for all, the box problems are in this thread, there needs to be a meeting and this thread needs to be the subject of that meeting and action needs to be taken, people that own these boxes don't need a demonstration of a working box that they don't own, they need a solution to there problematic boxe that they own, win these people back over, makes this box great, the greatest HD linux box available, please help fix these peoples problems with this box.

So if you missed it, these things need attention.

- Out of synch picture and audio

- Compleat erase of everything when flashing new image

- Freezing

- PVR recording ( rat even gave you examples of these problems thread reply # 15)

- low/quite audio problems

- sata driver issues

- Everything over in abu-baniaz thread reply # 12

It's not about coming into TMs head quarters one day, it's about being supplyed with the solution over the internet. I didn't have to come into TMs head quarters to setup my TM - 600 PVR, do you no why because i was supplyed with a working setup over the internet being mainly a good enough image, the image that i flashed in my TM - 600 obviously has some sort of code (guilty i'm not an expert) the code didn't give me low/quite audio, Out of synch picture and audio, and all the other things people has mentioned that are problematic with there TM - 800, fair enough the 800 is HD but this is the upgrade, to me it seams like the image and the code that is written to work with this HD box needs to be fixed for all the problems people have told you about.

The fact of the matter is if something is advertised to do something it should be that way, and it's a disgrace that it doesn't and has problems, no if no buts.

dare i say good old Darkman was right all along then ? - what i cant understand is why do TM stick with UR, why will they not give the job to another team and this all could be sorted in a few months - it's madness not admiited theres a problem DR linux sounds like an alcoholic !!

dare i say good old Darkman was right all along then ?

True, but for all the wrong reasons and self motivation. The tune would've still been the same even if TM got it right.

dare i say good old Darkman was right all along then ? - what i cant understand is why do TM stick with UR, why will they not give the job to another team and this all could be sorted in a few months - it's madness not admiited theres a problem DR linux sounds like an alcoholic !!

I think the thread should be kept to the receiver mate and personal insults left out of this thread

Not sure if it's as easy as getting rid of UR TEAM. This team has always been closely related to IT Gate recievers and are the only real team that made images for IT Gate recievers (the old TGM cable recievers some have swappable sat tuners). So whats not clear is whether UR TEAM are actually a seperate development team or part of IT Gate i.e: inhouse techs.

As IT Gate are the original manufacturer of the reciever and TM sort of acquired and rebranded it as the TM800, does this mean that without UR TEAM they dont have input into NXP to resolve any ongoing hardware level driver issues ??

So even if you do have other development teams involved theyre not going to be able to fix hardware chipset driver problems...Unless like with AZBOX theres some capable of writing their own drivers...

With Dreamboxes Gemini, PLI , DreamElite are officially supported funded by Dream Multimedia and issues that are found get reported back to Dream who then feed them back to the chipset manufacturer Broadcom who fix any issues, and sort out drivers.

not having a dig Rat i am merley pointing out the comparison to a person who knows they have a problem but wont admit it thats all

there down to 159 on fleabay, i might wait untill they come down to about 90 won,t be long

Back