DM800HD OpenPLi-2.0-beta-dm800-sim201-ssl82 Latest gjstroom builds from source

that black screen thing is getting annoying, even more so when its such a fine image...might have to go back to mfaraj57 - good work though regardless

Has anybody managed to make a backup of this image,
I tried Sim201flashbackup_SSL82 , but it keeps kicking up an error in GERMAN

NEW BUILD by gjstroom

Reason: new build 20110715, fixed permanent timeshift, changed information about image string

Features:
source 15-7-2011
drivers 6-5-2011 modified
bootloader ssl82
size:41.4 MB

Plugins:
vlcplayer (working)
cccam 2.2.1

Skins:
magic-ehd

Image flashing:
Internet Explorer (recommended)
dreamup

Download:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
md5 hash: ea2029dbfd6dd2b337e2ab835f4b5cf3

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW BUILD by gjstroom

Reason: new build 20110715, fixed permanent timeshift, changed information about image string

Features:
source 15-7-2011
drivers 6-5-2011 modified
bootloader ssl82
size:41.4 MB

Plugins:
vlcplayer (working)
cccam 2.2.1

Skins:
magic-ehd

Image flashing:
Internet Explorer (recommended)
dreamup

Download:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
md5 hash: ea2029dbfd6dd2b337e2ab835f4b5cf3

testing this one out now, first thing i've noticed is the picons dont show with this image anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
testing this one out now, first thing i've noticed is the picons dont show with this image anymore.

Intresting, I havent tested this image yet..im using the build from 01/07/2011. Did you already have the picons on your hard disk from before installing this image ? If so delete your old piocons and then redownload via the build in plugin server.

Intresting, I havent tested this image yet..im using the build from 01/07/2011. Did you already have the picons on your hard disk from before installing this image ? If so delete your old piocons and then redownload via the build in plugin server.

I did have them on the previous image, once i'd loaded this new image on i added my channel list back on using Dreamboxedit which also readded the picons. I'm sure it removes unused ones as well. Any idea where the picons are actually saved to on the DM800? Might be worthwhile me telneting to the box and removing them and then re-add via dreamboxedit and see if that works

i've jus got another dm800 clone with booloader 82 and sim 2.01, is this the best image out there at the moment? i haven't put an image on my dm for over a year now so not sure which one to go for

Well I Have tried this image but get annoyed with the black screen on boot that occurs occasionaly needed a power down and restart

Very similar as both are Pli but
Personally for clones this
"sim201-ssl82-OpenPLi-dm800-20110509-mfaraj57-Sat-gr2"
Updated in software management and runs fine,
great skin,
Due to HD skin and millions of channels it can take a long time to boot if you have a motor with all channels

best thing is to try a few and see what suits

Or try the DreamboxUK image, also based on OpenPLI has MagicEHD skin, doesnt have the black screen issue seen in the gjstroom builds. Auto 28.2 Bouquets and picon downloaders etc.
The advantage of the gjstroom builds however is the built in patched VLC player for streaming, DreamboxUK image doesnt havr this, maybe it will be added in future builds.

OK guys, I'm baffled with this image ............. how the hell dp you initialize or select the cam you want to run??? I have looked everywhere and cannot find any CAM or EMU manager??!?!

I've sussed it, you have to update the TS-panel to the newest version first (v3.3). The new version gives you an EMU manager from the TS Panel then use the blue button to install a CCcam version then green to start it .......... simples!!

Guys, I have just amended this thread, so that the first post now links to the latest build of the gjstroom PLI images. I will update these when I get a chance.

after trying 4 images in 2 days im now on my 5th ! this one lol.

fingers crossed.

with this image the cam is already enabled.....all you have to do is ftp you cline to cccam.cfg as usual...

I cant for the life of me find ts panel though?

with this image the cam is already enabled.....all you have to do is ftp you cline to cccam.cfg as usual...

I cant for the life of me find ts panel though?

You need to download the TSpanel.ipk file and FTP it to ther \tmp folder on the box then manually install it.It will then show in plugins. It's not inclided as standard in the image.

im back to using this image i think or the slightly newer one.

OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20110903-sim201-ssl82

still having trouble with ts panel and getting it to install.......right pain in the behind.

im back to using this image i think or the slightly newer one.

OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20110903-sim201-ssl82

still having trouble with ts panel and getting it to install.......right pain in the behind.

I just updated the 1st post in this thread with links to the latest gjstroom build from 28/01/2012 PLI Source with latest SSL 84b. Might be worth trying that out.

oh cheers mate! ill try that.

im using sim 201 on a old bootloader so if i remember rightly flash this image then without rebooting flash the bootloader...

ps does this one work ok with vlc like the previous ones?

Back