DM800 and Digital Audio

Curious123

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
no
that will not work.
that wire is for plugging into an amp or a home theatre system etc.
you then go from that device into your tv.
you need a standard 3.5mm audio cable and run it from your dm800 to your tv.
should give you stereo sound:

1.5M 3.5MM JACK TO 3.5MM JACK AUDIO AUX IPOD MP3 CABLE on eBay (end time 10-Dec-10 10:03:09 GMT)

Hope this helps,
Crazy.

Thanks for the info but does not look like you can plug in that audio cable as there does not appear to be an audio socket on the dm800.

Sorry about that, do you have any Phono connectors on the box?
you could do with something like this:
3.5mm Jack Male Plug to 2 RCA M Phono Audio Lead Cable on eBay (end time 12-Dec-10 22:03:14 GMT)

or phono leads on both ends of the cable.

the only thing is that i'm not sure whether or not audio must be manually routed on your tv to get phono working.
how do normal dm800 owning folk go about doing this?
i know it usually comes with an adaptor. what adaptor is this?

Crazyfool.

My problem is the wife wants to sit in bed at night and have the sat box, the dvd player and the cctv at her fingertips. I think if I divorce the wife problem solved!

I think it's a DVI-D dual link cable you need that carry's both video & audio, or if your tv has a vga socket you coud use a Dvi to vga adapter, i think that would work, or you will have to use a scart.

: mr ed :
You've posted in the wrong section then mate,
Yeah i know, It's damn easy to confuse audio issues on the DM800HD with the missus.
I think we need a subforum where we can all bitch about our wives :)

: Yeah i know, It's damn easy to confuse audio issues on the DM800HD with the missus.
I think we need a subforum where we can all bitch about our wives :)

There was me thinking that was the 'RANT' section!

Does DVI carry digital audio? I thought it was a video only connection?

it do carry Audio compared to Apple old model Powerbooks which only carried Video

Back