Dm 800 start up channel and audio

jpsr

Inactive User
Reaction score
When i set up a start up channel on my dm 800 by going to that channel and restarting the box, Then when i plug it out at night and start the box back up in the morning its not on that channel.Also sometimes cross epg does'nt show when started up in the morning, but i have automatic cross epg download set up for 0.900 in the morning, so not so worried about that.

Also, when i select the yellow button to correct the audio on the mtv's on 28.2 e which works, but again when i plug the box out at night and plug back in the next morning the audio is not saved.

Its strange as once or twice when i plugged the box back in the next morning everything was ok.
Am i missing something is there a way to power down the box at night, I just press the red standby button on the remote and plug out.

I have the ac3 default set to yes, which stops nar audio from playing and it saves if box is plugged out.

I'm using nemesis 2.6 image.

Last edited by a moderator:
The epg data is downloaded and stored to memory, by killing the power the remove it from memory. There is a reload feature for crossepg could be in the plugin menus, but while ever you totally kill the power you will experience that.

Thanks, Is it the same for the start up channel.
Also this morning when the box booted up there was no audio on any channel,all settings were ok. i had to unplug and start again, but it was ok then.

Not really sure regarding the startup channel as that is stored in the settings file in etc/enigma2. but as the startup channel changes depending on what channel your on at reboot its not really something I bother with.

Highlight your chosen channel in the channel list and press menu button, then select "set as start up service"

Epg should not disappear if its being stored on a usb or hdd as it will be read into memory at boot up, as a temporary measure just put the box in deep standby instead of switching off,

If settings are not sticking then the image could have gone read only ( no memory space left) so you may need to reflash :)

@wiz569, setting a startup channel like that only works on a dm 500s, different for dm 800, as that option is'nt availible.
My crossepg is stored to media/usb, are to my picons and skins.

I already reflashed the box several times to see but still the same.

I suppose its not that big of a problem, but i like to get it 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
@wiz569, setting a startup channel like that only works on a dm 500s, different for dm 800, as that option is'nt availible.
My crossepg is stored to media/usb, are to my picons and skins.

I already reflashed the box several times to see but still the same.

I suppose its not that big of a problem, but i like to get it 100%

Incorrect m8 thats exactly how i set my start channel,although it could be image dependant

screenshot_zps3b2c09e9.jpg

Last edited:
Your right, sorry mate, must be just my image.
Your image looks good, What version of open pli is it.
How do you find it, have you ever any problems.

Your right, sorry mate, must be just my image.
Your image looks good, What version of open pli is it.
How do you find it, have you ever any problems.

Its gjstrooms OpenPli 4.0 which is not available for your dm800 I'm afraid,although OpenPli are no longer supporting dreamboxes so it might be time to try some others :)

Dreamelite seems to always get good reviews for the dm800 non se models,or you could try OpenPli 2.1 :)

Its gjstrooms OpenPli 4.0 which is not available for your dm800 I'm afraid,although OpenPli are no longer supporting dreamboxes so it might be time to try some others :)

Dreamelite seems to always get good reviews for the dm800 non se models,or you could try OpenPli 2.1 :)

I had the open pli 2.1 image on my 800 for a day, seemed good,but really like the nemesis 2.6 image with the 2.3 hd skin, just a few things that seem odd about it.
Very hard to find the right one, tryed a few different images, Might have another look.

Back