DiSEqC Satellite Motor

with that many neg feedback i woulldnet order anything from them.

Even if we got some of the genuine claimed new versions of the Superjack 320s in I would really test them a lot more going off the way they put that original 320 motor out with their name on it and dropped the Superjack 380. Jaeger Superjack are really an actuator manufacturer who found their actuators being used for moving big satellite dishes & made a few 36v motors for sat, they only made one diseqc motor themselves, the hh120, very good in it's day but it was around £100 & not USALS- only diseqc 1.2 & later really cheapened that one & I think that is dropped now.

I would imagine the fact that the big dish market in the US & elsewhere shrinking & being replaced with smaller dishes for ku so there's less demand for actuators in the satellite market, plus Moteck then flooding the market with very cheap diseqc motors & the Shenzhen motor manufacturer (who make the Darkmotor) taking on Moteck (plus the er world recession) has had a very big effect & I think they just decided to go down the cheap is best route for diseqc motors, hope they don't that with the actuators.

The motors that look similar like the Moteck shape or the Darkmotor shape aren't necessarily 'clones' they are just made to order by the big manufacturers for other companies like ***** or Technomate & they just put whatever they ask for 'in' the motors & whatever name they ask 'on' them & the boxes & manuals.

There's no telling what's in one company's version 100% unless you work for the companies involved & at the right level. You can only test them & maybe diseqc them & decide.

There are clones about & they are another issue, usually they're lookalike cheap copies & what's in them can be any crap & badly machined or like DM800 clones I suppose could be very good.

The best bet right now IMO after just making sure a motor doesn't just need tightening up are the Darkmotor Superior (or Supreme if you must have those digits) or the TM2600 - they've got their pluses & minuses though but I think they are the top 2 & avoid crap sellers.

personally i like the stab motors but ive used and fitted darkmotors and tm2300/2600 and motek sg2100 before them and if not overloaded with large heavy dishes in very exposed locations they have held up well apart from the bracketry/bolts/nuts being cheap crap on all but the stab that rusts/corrodes very quickly. in the £50 bracket id say darkmotor/tm2600 but if you want a motor that will last then go for a stab. regards mdt

Back