Crossepg DM800se not updating correctly

There are 2fixes for internal flash in the other thread :)
I'm using the .py fix and it's fine ;)

Sent from my iPhone

There are 2fixes for internal flash in the other thread :)
I'm using the .py fix and it's fine ;)

Sent from my iPhone
whats that fix like mate not really been keeping upto speed with this!

whats that fix like mate not really been keeping upto speed with this!

It works fine m8 but you will probably need to be rebooting your box every couple of days just to make sure the epg updates properly :)

it fixes the bug of openTV reverting to internal flash and eventually filling up internal flash resulting in green screens and a reflash

there are 2 epg.dat files
epg.dat located on USB
ext.epg.dat located in USB/crossepg folder
the box needs to be rebooted once a week to keep the 2 files dates the same other wise one file doesn't always get updated

most important though is the danger of internal flash filling up has been fixed :) a simple restart of enigma keeps the 2 files in check :)

I put mine in deep standyby once a week, turn it on next day and it boots from enigma, job done for another week :) no hardship at all

in fact Im sure I read someone saying you should reboot boxes regular anyway, will try and search that one out :)

out of the 2 fixes the .PY is the simplest :)

how lonmg has this been going on for? im sure it worked fine when i was using Vix on my genuine vu duo.

im now running BH 1.7.2 on my genuine duo and it keep reverting back to internal flash

on my vu solo clone im using VTI (later 2011 version) and it also reverts back to internal flash

will try the py fix on both.

It's a problem with some SE boxes mate

Sent from my iPhone

I think and I say very hesitantly that I may have found the problem with epg.dat file not being updated.

Need to do some more debugging over the next few days but what I've found is that enigma2 was recently (recently may be the wrong word as I'll be honest I've no idea how long ago) been patched so that the epg can be imported without the need for a restart. I mentioned before that I remember that CrossEPG used to need a restart, without this patch it will need to be restarted.

From what I can see so far the load of epg.dat is being performed by the following piece of code:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Those that have been following the previous problem might notice the os.system call, this is the exact same command that was failing in the Configure screen resulting in CrossEPG reverting to internal flash.

I'm going to monitor it over the next few days and if it turns out that that is what is causing the problem will investigate what I can replace that piece of code with.

Last edited:
loving the effort your putting into this mate, nice 1!

is there any way to clear the ram? I'm just green screening all the time now when I'm trying to record......dang blast it! (it's probs been like that since it started filling it up with EPG)

is there any way to clear the ram? I'm just green screening all the time now when I'm trying to record......dang blast it! (it's probs been like that since it started filling it up with EPG)

Have a look in the enigma folder for a epg.dat file and delete it dibbs

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk

Hmm... Thought id looked in there... I'll double check tomorrow.... Ta.

Sent from my GT-I9000

If you're using CrossEPG then have a look in /usr/crossepg/data, if the folder doesn't exist then that would mean that it hasn't reverted to internal flash, in which case the problem might be elsewhere.

etc/enigma2 m8 :)

Right I've had a look and that folder doesn't exist on my set up.....

If you're using CrossEPG then have a look in /usr/crossepg/data, if the folder doesn't exist then that would mean that it hasn't reverted to internal flash, in which case the problem might be elsewhere.

That folder is there mate, should I delete them all that's in there, can't stop it green screening when I'm trying to record now....??

do you use filezilla Dibbs ?

any ftp will search anyway lol..... open ftp to 800, click the search and search / for epg.dat this will bring up all .dat files associated with epg anywhere on the box

Attachments

• epg search.JPG
    epg search.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 9
Thanks mate, just getting filezilla now and will have a play.....if i find any which ones do I know what to delete?

Cheers.

Back