Could the UK face a sterling crisis, or are we in one already?

Don't be lured into thinking China and India will keep the prices bouyant, they are facing economic problems themselves and alone their demand is not high enough to stop prices slumping.

I'm surprised that you think that mate. I don't know too much about the Chinese economy but I am well acquainted with the Indian economy and that looks pretty strong with 6% growth forecasted as opposed to double digit growth figures from previous years. Consider that we are in negative growth, 5 or 6% looks very yummy indeed.

India middle classes are currently 300M big. They are growing at 25M people a year. To put that into context just look at our population numbers and how large our middle classes are and the amount of goods we consume. India will see massive growth and will be able to buy commodities at a much cheaper price as the majority of the western world goes into recession.

The SENSEX has taken a battering but I believe the market to be oversold.

On another note I just read that the Saudi's have just bought $3.7B worth of gold in the past fortnight. The Iranians have been buying too, I think they are starting to dump the dollar before something major happens..scary stuff. I don't think we'll see a US TBond or even a dollar default in our lifetime but maybe the arabs are onto something.

You must remember that the majority of the growth has come from Western investment, and with that plug pulled growth will be sunstantially lower. They are in a better position regarding growth than western economies, i'll agree to that, but not to the extent that they will keep commodity prices high.

Silver is looking really weak. As gold's bastard little brother it follows gold trends fairly closely although in the past few weeks it has been under performing that trend.

Shirley this metal should be in the mid teens?

Back