Coronation Street

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
This execrable British soap opera has dominated the prime time slot on ITV for over 40 years. It went past it's sell by date about 30 years ago, so what did they do, turn it into a 4 night a week program with an omnibus edition every weekend, and a cable channel dedicated solely to re-running the entire archive.

This sad program is indicative of a nation that's turned into idle couch potato's. It may have been pertinent and relevant many years ago, but in the 21st century it's a pitiful, sad, nostalgic bucket of bile that's denigrated the citizens of the north of England and is hi-jacked occasionally by royals/politicos to ram the establishment message down the throat of millions of people who can't think for themselves anymore 'cos they've been born/weaned/reached adulthood/died watching this utter garbage which is designed to keep you brain dead and compliant till the day you die!

Thank fook some1 said it lol. Think its the most utter garbage our tv's have ever seen. Tho i think the same about all the other soaps n'all lol

my mrs loves the program and its just a pile of crap!!!

i mean how interesting can a road with 4 shops and a pub get ?

You forgot the factory m8 ... lmfao

Bronto said:
You forgot the factory m8 ... lmfao

and the bus stop they all goto when they leave the soap lol, can you imagine you read your script and it says bus stop your like fook im sacked

fook staying there though with the amount of murders and tragic accidents not to mention some dodgy looking people. (Haley) I heard she likes irn bru lol

dont forget the street also has a grim looking hairdresser's and an understated postbox

I take it you guys wont be booking a tour of the street at your local travel agents ? :)

I think you have to be over 60 anyway !!

@allroad: that is one quality rant ;) Someone who thinks like me !! If somebody said to me 'put into words what you hate about things like Coro' it would have come out something like that. The stuff is pure vomit. Why waste time like that sitting doing/achieving/learning absolutely nothing whatsoever?? It makes me sick to the stomach. Most men have to sit through it as well I bet. Like you say too, we are 'blessed' with the odd cockney or royalty only to further the manipulation of the Northern People (the House of Joseph?? Lets not go there ;). And why do the cockneys have to always be the boss? Or their sons or their wives? Aren't Northerners capable of looking after their own interests? They want us to go to work, come home and STFU and then get up and do it again the next day and so on until we die and then they take our childrens inheritance. Meanwhile Coro steals your soul and time. That said, nice thread!!

:Clap:

Mickie D said:
my mrs loves the program and its just a pile of crap!!!

i mean how interesting can a road with 4 shops and a pub get ?

but while she is watching that give you some peace

al pacino said:
dont forget the street also has a grim looking hairdresser's and an understated postbox

I take it you guys wont be booking a tour of the street at your local travel agents ? :)

I think you have to be over 60 anyway !!

the hairdressers might be grim but maria who works there isnt. shes one good reason to tune in.

stevedw said:
the hairdressers might be grim but maria who works there isnt. shes one good reason to tune in.

you'v got a point mate , im struggling to think of any other reasons though

Theyr all dogs , they must only get horrible looking woman at their auditions

watching soaps is not my idea of a good night in,it never ceases to amaze me that its only a program and they are only actors and yet when theres a story line like when evil dick was on the prowl he was getting hated in the street from where he lived......can these morons who watch these programs one day realise that its fictional and is not REAL,for gods sake get a life,watching this tripe just goes to show what a nation of idiots who actually believe its real.i'm glad i don't watch this SH"*^e,complete waste of time.

al pacino said:
you'v got a point mate , im struggling to think of any other reasons though

Theyr all dogs , they must only get horrible looking woman at their auditions

Sarah platt's not a dog and candice (nikki sanderson) wasnt, shame she left.

stevedw said:
Sarah platt's not a dog and candice (nikki sanderson) wasnt, shame she left.

another good point , sarah's a love'lly lookin lassie ,

candice though , no way

Napster said:
but while she is watching that give you some peace

You got it spot on martin,if it wasnt for these kind of soaps i wouldnt be allowed on me pc at all :banana: LONG live the Soap

I watch it cos I effin hate it! What an awful bunch of... I was gonna say "actors" lol - The charactors that they play are so fookin hateful! not a decent one out of them all. Maybe its time for a change, but I doubt if the brainwashed veiwers who stay glued to every episode will allow it. ffs get a life!

what pisses me off too is every fecker gets a job wheres the equal opps there then

Back