Security changing ip address

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi - if virgin media replace my superhub will it change my ip address?

If you use it in modem mode you can set the same MAC in your router and you might get the same IP address.

yes it does johnny when you getting a new one m8 I don't use the wifi on mine a I still think its quite pore

Ok, ive got a new sealed superhub..that needs activation..

New IP and new MAC address, should be able to get back on that forum now lol

lol yeah thats why im doing it, the mods on that forum wont accept my apology and i said it was a mistake, but they are hell bent on banning me for life...so im assuming i would need to register as a new member..but first i need to activate the superhub....before i try this....wont smac mac address changer and that vpn softwtare that i downloaded work..?

A new super hub wasn't needed really . If you leave it unplugged long enough the ip will probably change

A new super hub wasn't needed really . If you leave it unplugged long enough the ip will probably change
it's possible he has had he's MAC Address banned as well rawsy, but as you say if it was just IP you could release and renew the IP

For widows

1) Click Start and type CMD in the search box
2) Right click on "cmd.exe" and then chose "Run as Administrator"
3) Type ipconfig /release and then press Enter
4) Type ipconfig /renew and then press Enter

For Mac OS
1) Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Network.
2) Select your service that uses DHCP (such as Ethernet or WiFi) in the network connection services list.
3) Click Advanced.
4) Click TCP/IP.
5) Click Renew DHCP Lease.
6) Open a web browser and attempt to connect to the Internet

it's possible he has had he's MAC Address banned as well rawsy, but as you say if it was just IP you could release and renew the IP

For widows

1) Click Start and type CMD in the search box
2) Right click on "cmd.exe" and then chose "Run as Administrator"
3) Type ipconfig /release and then press Enter
4) Type ipconfig /renew and then press Enter
ok that didnt work...still had the same ip address...anyways...i got the new superhub activated with a different ip address....would i need to change the mac addresss of my asus wireless router ? as i can see WAN and LAN mac addressses ?...

As soon as you change the MAC on the router the Virgin ISP will assign a new IP address. I personally dont use the SH as I find it very poor and use my own setup.

If the SH is modem only then you change the MAC on the main router and this will force a new IP from the ISP

well after going through all that trouble im still banned on that site....even with new ip address..

Well I suppose my new ip is now logged into the the sites security server...so no point trying now LOL.... I give up....

Well I suppose my new ip is now logged into the the sites security server...so no point trying now LOL.... I give up....

You can release the IP and should be leased a new one :).

See instructions above, somewhere.

If they don't test for Tor exit node IP then Torbrowser should work as everything that can identify you is disabled.

you used to be to flush the modem ip by a few commands in cmnd promt(well you could on a ambit 250 modem)
maybe try that and spoof your pc mac with smac,thats what i used to do when i had a dodgy modem many moons ago ;)

this is weird...earlier on when i had the superhub activated my ip had changed, now it seems to have reverted back to my original ip..odd that,..

Why not try registering/logging on using a 3G device, that will be completely different from your VM IP.

Back