Buying New GPU

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some sound advise peeps,looking to buy new gpu,but seems a very volatile market pricewise,but thats only half my problem.looking at GTX1080Ti and there seems so many varients,tied with the range of prices...headscratching ..lol. Prices are up and down like a yoyo never know when im looking at a good price,though I have noticed prices have came down a good chunk over the last 4 weeks. What im looking for is some insight into what is new tech on these cards,and what I want /need to get ? Everything seems to be looking at VR, though I have no interest in that I am making this pc with my lads gaming in mind,is there anything I need to know before spending £8/900 on a card

might be worth keeping your eye on jelly deals they tend to keep an eye on deals and prices for 1060/70/80 gpu amongst loads of other items.

Ive got 1 of these, palit gtx1080 premium edition.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

it took me ages to decide on it, its only draw back on reviews was the colour, but it was cheaper than its competitors but had a higher core, boost and bit memory speed than most of the similar priced cards.

Im glad i went with it, its 1 hell of a card and plays every game i own in ultra.

The LED lighting is a nice touch too with millions of colour combinations.
And the cooling fans only kick in when the temp reaches 60 degrees.

I would say check the specs out of each card and see which one gets you the best value for money.

Also the 1070/1080 cards are quite big so check the dimensions of your case and the card to make sure it will fit.

I paid £640 just over a year ago, they are now priced at £580 on novatech.
The 1080 might save you a few hundred pounds over the 1080ti but still be very future proof.

Already got Asus ROG 1070Ti,so know the size issues etc,its just that step up,,Core speed/boost clock..that many things to look at ..lol...im deffo old ..lol

If i put it maybe... easier...What card would you buy with a budget of .....£800..Gaming only your Target.?

Ok that Zotac one looks good,but im sure i was looking at a Zotac one with 3 fans..?,looks like the same card,thats what im confused about,same card diff price,same spec..i think ..lol

But was about £65 cheaper when i looked last ..lol

I noticed that happening with Ebuyer, thought I was going more daft so checked on Wayback Machine.

I did read a few posts about people getting their orders cancelled when getting a cheap component due to it being out of stock then it reappearing at a higher price.

Seems Gpu prices have been held to ransom by "mining companys " gamers came second to Bitcoin speculaters,poor show by the likes of Nvdia in my opinion

Seems Gpu prices have been held to ransom by "mining companys " gamers came second to Bitcoin speculaters,poor show by the likes of Nvdia in my opinion

It wouldn't surprise me if the big Far East Asian companies had paid for the research and implementation of cryptocurrences. Lots of sales on the back of it.

ArthurDaly will have a hell of a time when the BC bubble bursts..lol

Just seems a bit suspect when there is now a currency that relies on storage capacity to mine :).

Just waiting for soundcard and fan controller mining now.

if your using a 1070ti then I wouldn't be upgrading just now. your 1070 ti will play every title out at the moment and end of this year beginning of next the new cards should be out as this range it getting old .

Ok Going to hold back see if the Next Gen Cards are within my grasp,seem to remember when the 10 series cards came out there was a founders sale ...just killed my ability to buy at the time..Hopefully I can afford either a new "2080"..? or a dropped in price GTX1080Ti..?

Back