Boot Issues DM800HD

philsbox

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Got a boot issue with my DM800HD clone, estar sim 2.01.
It's image is old, estar_sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.nfi
The image was very stable up until a few months ago when the box failed to boot.
Since then I have used my DM500, but would like to get the DM800 running again.
I tried flashing the box using the original image via my browser to no avail.
Hitting the Flash on the firmware upgrade page doesn't do anything.
It's been a long time since I dabbled with this box and I'm stuck!
Any ideas?
Cheers
Phil

Hi,
Got a boot issue with my DM800HD clone, estar sim 2.01.
It's image is old, estar_sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.nfi
The image was very stable up until a few months ago when the box failed to boot.
Since then I have used my DM500, but would like to get the DM800 running again.
I tried flashing the box using the original image via my browser to no avail.
Hitting the Flash on the firmware upgrade page doesn't do anything.
It's been a long time since I dabbled with this box and I'm stuck!
Any ideas?
Cheers
Phil

You have 2 sim types here hate estar and sim201

It can not be both. Take a look at the sim itself to confirm what it has.

And your sure its a 800hd and not a 800se ?

I thought the 3.1 sim was only used in the se i could be wrong though.

Tried to flash the image but no joy.

Am I right in saying that it required a straight flash with no need to put it through the estar convertor?

Tried to flash the image but no joy.

Am I right in saying that it required a straight flash with no need to put it through the estar convertor?

No converter need its already a sim 3 estar image

Try this openPLI one

DOWNLOAD

Tell me if you get any errors reported by browser flashing

Still no joy, selecting the .nfi file, entering it on the firmware upgrade page, hitting flash but nothing happens no progress bar and no error reports.

Can you confirm something for me, if I'm in "stop" mode on the DM, should I still get a green line between PC,DM & Router on Dreambox Control Centre?
Because when I checked this earlier, I had a green up for PC & Router, but a red to the DM.

Still no joy, selecting the .nfi file, entering it on the firmware upgrade page, hitting flash but nothing happens no progress bar and no error reports.

Can you confirm something for me, if I'm in "stop" mode on the DM, should I still get a green line between PC,DM & Router on Dreambox Control Centre?
Because when I checked this earlier, I had a green up for PC & Router, but a red to the DM.
Did you try to use different webbrowsers when flashing the image? At least something should happen when clicking the "Flash" button to start flashing, very strange if nothing at all happens. You could also try going into Private/Incognito mode.

About the DCC I don't know, but from what I experienced it's not very accurate. Sometimes it showed green for me and sometime red, even though everything is setup correctly and working without problems. But it was a long time since I used it, so maybe it changed in later updates.

Last edited:
Hi Flaxe,
Thanks for your reply.
I've tried flashing via IE & Firefox browsers including Private mode but nothing happens.
I mentioned earlier that I have a DM500 which I connect to exactly the same cables and DCC can connect via PC/DM & Router which indicates that the cabling is sound.
The last time I flashed the DM800 was on an older pc running XP O/S.
Never tried flashing via browser on this PC which runs Win 10 O/S.
Expecting delivery of usb/serial port cable soon, which will be an option if I can't flash via browser.

Does the box still boot into its old image ?

If not what part of the boot process does the box stop at on the front screen ?

Just an update, found a similar problem on here :-
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/dreambox-receivers-all-models-356/413895-what-do-i-have.html?highlight=dm800+flash+issues

As in that post, I downloaded Dream Tool Box 1.7.7
Selected Dreambox Optiflasher, input DM IP and connected, flashed bootloader 84 followed by image (estar_openpli-dm800-2014-01-11@[email protected]), and flash was successful.
Only problem is, the image booted in a language unknown to me!
Going to have a play now, thanks for your help, may be back very soon!

Did you managed to get this solved? If not, I think I found a solution to this when using the web browser, so you don't have to use any separate programs or null modem cable.

With Internet Explorer;
1. Go to the Dreambox website (IP it shows in display)
2. Click the Gear icon (Settings menu)
3. Click "Compatibility View settings"
4. Add the IP-address that your Dreambox got
5. Done! :)

This should make it go into compatibility mode and then it should work to flash.

Edit: Oh, didn't see in your last post that you got it working with the Dream Tool Box :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Flaxe, all sorted now but will bear that in mind next time!
Cheers
Phil

Back