Boiler rating

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi just had a worcester bosch 30i erp greenstar boiler installed..previously had a vaillant ecotec plus 831...what's the heat output on both...seems like the worcester bosch is not as powerful as the vaillant..previously all my rads were pipipng hot..now with this worcester bosch installed all rads are piping hot , except one in the furthest room, well its hot but not as hot as with vaillant..no air in system, pressure all good...or is just me thst I was use to the vaillant...got it under the government eco scheme..also hot water takes longer to come out of taps...

Hi just had a worcester bosch 30i erp greenstar boiler installed..previously had a vaillant ecotec plus 831...what's the heat output on both...seems like the worcester bosch is not as powerful as the vaillant..previously all my rads were pipipng hot..now with this worcester bosch installed all rads are piping hot , except one in the furthest room, well its hot but not as hot as with vaillant..no air in system, pressure all good...or is just me thst I was use to the vaillant...got it under the government eco scheme..also hot water takes longer to come out of taps...
There should be independent controls on the boiler it self to adjust the temperature of the central heating and the hot water supply. I have an older 30i greenstar and it has these controls.

Yes I've set the hot water and central heating to the same as I had on my vaillant..heating is 65 and water at 50...think this boiler is not as powerful as the vaillant 831...hopefully more reliable then the vaillant..lol 😁

Have a Google for "radiator balancing" - seems the other radiators are 'robbing' the last rad in the chain

The Vaillant is 26kw and Bosch is 30kw.

Crack the heating up on full

The Vaillant is 26kw and Bosch is 30kw.
Are you sure? Is that the heat output of each boiler, ie central heating?
Have a Google for "radiator balancing" - seems the other radiators are 'robbing' the last rad in the chain
Rads are balanced the installer did thst as a few weren't heating up..ive turned the rad in the loft off as its not a bedroom anymore , just using it for storage.
Crack the heating up on full
Think I might have to do that.

My bad the Bosch is 24kw CH output and 30kw DHW output. The Vaillant is 25.5kw CH output and 31kw DHW output.
07DEA955-E05F-4BF1-9499-74966B86A976.jpeg3C988F8E-737D-4893-99AE-753BB875F690.jpegE8440026-0F9C-450F-987B-6BD9A6455C8B.jpeg

Thanks avid...no wonder one rad doesn't heat up as quick or is slightly less warmer then others..then bosch is slightly less powerful then vaillant...suppose got to live with that now...cranked up the heating ...all rads hot now...talk about saving energy...just to get the last rad hot enough, I have to turn up the heating ...duh🤯

Thanks avid...no wonder one rad doesn't heat up as quick or is slightly less warmer then others..then bosch is slightly less powerful then vaillant...suppose got to live with that now...cranked up the heating ...all rads hot now...talk about saving energy...just to get the last rad hot enough, I have to turn up the heating ...duh🤯
How many radiators do you have on your system as pump can affect the last radiators on your system. If you have a lot of radiators and the pump speed is too low then it will struggle to heat up the radiators at the end of the system. In my case the pump speed was too high and it was making my system noisy and I had to lower it but this was in the engineering settings. The reason I mention it is that I lowered the pump speed too low and the last radiator on my system was struggling to heat up correctly. I am not saying that this is the cause but it’s a possibility.
1B20590E-D9BC-4008-9E1A-6F1E8B3A783B.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got 11 rads all together, including towel radiator..all working fine....now...

Back