sunhill

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
recently got a pc ..
athlon 64 - 3200+
512 ddr ram , 160gig hdd

cannot boot into my original windows xp home edition
everytime i start the pc, it comes to a stage and reboots, nothing on the screen is seen, just a blank

so tried running the windows xp sp2 setup

it comes to a stage where it asks for whether i would like to do a new install/ recovery console / exit setup

if i select any of the first 2 options, i am getting the blue screen with the error reported as follows

page fault in nonpaged area

technical information

stop - 0x00000050 ( 0xc3e40000, 0x0000000, 0x8080b20d, 0x0000000)

the nos. in the bracket keep changing
any ideas whats wrong

done a google search, some say it might be a memory module problem

thanks

It's a bit worrying it crashed a PC when connecting through USB. Have you got a Linux LiveCD? You could try using that and seeing if you can get it connected through usb. Any should do, but I recommend BackTrack2 or Knoppix.

i know it did worry me as well

as first i thought maybe it was just somethin wrong with the software in the drive and it wont let the system boot

but surprised me when i connected it to a running machine through the ide to usb adapter and it found the drive and crashed straight

i will try with the linux and see if i can get into any luck

thanks

if you move hdd to different machiens you need the registry to match.it is easier to format and install from fresh.if there is data you want on that hdd then hook it up as a slave but make sure to tell the bios wich hdd to boot from.a realy handy disk to always have is a bart pe boot disk for future reference.check it out but it is not called the blue screen of death for no reason

I bought I pc set up similar to the one mentioned it was too a AMD Anthon, 64 3200+ 754
100 GB hard drive, partitioned.
1 GB memory ddr 400 pc3200
Same type of problem when I tried booting it up, it got so far as to always show the blue screen of death
Whichever.
Error code it displayed.
Couldn’t work it out at all until I downloaded the bios manual off the internet, checked all settings
To the manual specification and guess what sorted the problem, so I would try the same problem solving it worked for me as soon as I got in the bios, I set everything up correctly.
Then when windows booted properly I reformatted the hard drive.
Everything worked great.
So I would suggest this it`s worth a try
:banana:

If you go to the hard drive manufatures website you can download a test utility that will check your hard drives healthy.

Back