VU+ Duo Best Softcam For Duo & Other Miscellaneous ?

Pimpur Crack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Vu+ Duo and wondered how easy it is to install a softcam in a ViX image. I am not sure if the latest ViX images come with any softcams pre-installed?

Having used clone dm800se's in the past, it was simply a matter of transferring the softcam ipk file to the temp folder on the box with filezilla then going to the dm800se menus and installing the package. Is it an identical process for a Vu+Duo with a Vix image?

Also, what would be the best softcam to install nowadays, I am a bit out of touch with how they have evolved and only used CCCam in the past. The CCCam was quite easy to configure as it was simply a matter of editing the cccam.cfg file in a text editor and transferring it to the /var/etc with filezilla. Is it the same type of process for other softcams? There seems quite a bit of choice nowadays re scam, oscam, mgcam, cccam etc, is there an acknowledged best one or are they all much the same. I would only be using it as a customer and not as a server?

I used to like the Open Pli v2.1 image for my dm800se, it was a nice clean image without a load of junk stuffed in it, would anyone know if there is an equivalent image for a Vu+ Duo?

Cdmt
Pimpi

Last edited:
Manual install is easy to do mate.

If your just going to be a client CCcam or mgcamd will be fine.

OpenPLi & OpenATV run sweet and fast.

...OpenPLi & OpenATV run sweet and fast.

Is there a download link on the forum for the Open PLi image for a genuine Duo, all I could find were for Ferrari SIM versions that are for Duo clones I think?

Cdmt
Pimpi

I'm currently in the same sort of boat.. lost touch with whats about... originally had BH image then 2 years of vix... now back to updated BH and wondering whether my ancient c c cam and nabilo stuff is the way forward or is there something that has superceded it... not for server use.

Would be interested to see what views are about for BH images.
Cheers

I'm currently in the same sort of boat.. lost touch with whats about... originally had BH image then 2 years of vix... now back to updated BH and wondering whether my ancient c c cam and nabilo stuff is the way forward or is there something that has superceded it... not for server use.

Would be interested to see what views are about for BH images.
Cheers

I managed to sort this out with a ViX image. All I did was to copy the CCCam ipk (installer package) file to the /temp folder on the Vu+ Duo then ran the installation from the menu system of the Vu+.

Once installed I copied the cccam.cfg file to the /etc folder and that was it, all up and running. I used cccam version "enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk"

My understanding is the the black hole image comes with cccam already installed so all you would need to do would be to load the cccam.cfg file into the Vu and make sure cccam was active in the menus.

Cdmt
Pimpi

I'll have a go, once i get the rats channel updater thing going.. otherwise its a bit of a drag to play with the different images and files lol.. although the new images do seem to be flying on now that i've re formated my mem sticks.

mmm just checked, its not already installed as far as I can see on this image. :(

yep just sorted it, there was an updated list this morning, and I'm sure Rat added the instructions onto the download area! It saved ages, that alone is worth the donation/subscription lol..

right, now to try the same thing again with MCamd on the BH image and get rid of the CCamd - do the files need to be specific to the image ?

Back