Anyone heard of the iQ 13/04/2012 images?

F1Mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
... Because apparently, that's the latest official image, and what I now have on my box!

There are some interesting differences between this version and the 29/03/2012 one (eg on the single EPG list page).

I'll have to report back on how I get on with this image...

Im not sure if it ever got a public release tbh guys, if it did it got withdrawn
only official image for public use is TM-Twin-OE-29-03-2012

Well, it *should* be an official release because my dealer downloaded it from the dealer site after speaking with TM!

This whole deal, about not getting a clear picture about what's an official image and what is not, is driving me nuts! WTF!!!!:Bounce:

What switcher are you using? If you got it from another forum, send me a link.

If it still crashes, it will be addded to the the list of fixes needed.

abu-baniaz, I'm using the standard/built-in switcher. Basically, with the Remote, press Blue button > OK on "(1) CCcam Info" > Menu button. This should bring up the "CCcam config switcher".

Next time I get a crash, I'll screengrab the error so that it can take me directly to the offending lines of code. I think it's mainly caused by catching the thing in mid operation where "CCcam.cfg" doesn't exist. If this is the case, the code should check for its existence: if not there, then create it (exactly what a simple "cp" command does), otherwise overwrite it.

abu-baniaz, I'm using the standard/built-in switcher. Basically, with the Remote, press Blue button > OK on "(1) CCcam Info" > Menu button. This should bring up the "CCcam config switcher".

Next time I get a crash, I'll screengrab the error so that it can take me directly to the offending lines of code. I think it's mainly caused by catching the thing in mid operation where "CCcam.cfg" doesn't exist. If this is the case, the code should check for its existence: if not there, then create it (exactly what a simple "cp" command does), otherwise overwrite it.

Ok, I tested it on 24/04/12 image and the crash is still there. As you are aware, the crash logs are not being written, so it does not help in finding where it goes wrong. I also found another error which may be related. There is a solution which I will post in your other thread.

Ok, I tested it on 24/04/12 image and the crash is still there. As you are aware, the crash logs are not being written, so it does not help in finding where it goes wrong.

Yeah, but when the crash happens, it reboots the box, and when it comes back up you do get an alert box popping up, telling you where the error occurs (ISTR it shows some line in a python script as being where the break occurred).

I also found another error which may be related. There is a solution which I will post in your other thread.

Nice one, mate. :Clap:
I'll try and trigger the bug again, just so that I can get that debug info, and then I'll change over to the other plugin you mentioned on the other thread!

if you could take a picture of the screen with the crash information thatd also help m8

IMH, the only TM linux images that are 'official' are the technomate branded enigma1 images for the TM9100, 500 & 600

the ONLY images available for the TM800 are all 3rd party, based on modified, badly patched, ported code

the ONLY images for the TM-twin are 3rd party. The official technomate software is still on the receiver (with EVERYTHING) working, but, is not open embedded linux.

to get 'out' of linux mode, turn the power off, and when you first power it up, repeatedly press the MENU button on the receiver for about 15 seconds

to get 'into' linux mode, repeat, but press the EXIT button

why wont TECHNOMATE just pay a professional team??.. blackhole,pli ect ect to write a working stable image that isnt full of errors as if they get this one wrong i cant see anyone(linux geek or joe bloggs) ever buying a linux TECHNOMATE branded box ever again. theyve seen sense and changed the cpu to a broadcom but are making the same mistakes again with having excellent hardware thats let down by the awfull software.. FFS richard wake up before your company goes under!! due to this debacle.. before anyone starts slamming me i dont own a tm800 or a tm-twin(no wonder) and im a outsider looking in but it seems theyve dropped the ball again imho, regards mdt

I wouldn't imagine openpli would touch it as they don't allow passworded git access.

They would also expect someone to maintain it and IQ wouldn't be able to unless someone is going to volunteer to maintain it.

Openvix did the original work but they seem to have enough on their hands trying to get the latest vix image to be stable, they may look at it when thats up and running, they were willing to help in the original development so would assume that they wouldn't have a problem doing so in the future (unless tm have upset them in some way?).

Back