Any one ever put there board in an OVEN? lolol..

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's because it's 9.59am and I'm at work on this lovely Sunday, any one ever put there board in an oven ? I'm sure I've seen a few posts on it and that over the years, since i just got a brand new fan assisted oven yesterday and have some rfooked boxes that a heat gun and numerous attempts to repair have been done was going to blast it for like 15 minutes at 200 degrees?

What happens when the times up? just wack the over door open and allow to cool? what about capacitors and resistors etc etc....

bored that's all and fancy making a 360 mother board dish...lolol

....great with some chips mate, oh and a dash of Ketchup. :)

yes I have done that I reballed the GPU with liquid flux and cooked the fucker. My Mrs went fucking mental and the smell and smoke were fucking awful, and to top it all it didnt work LMAO but you gotta give me points for trying. It can work sometimes but it just didnt for me.

I'm not a fan of that liquid flux like, think it's a waste of time, (see other thread, turned all brown and sticky and think that was the cause of the board fooking) but of course that was with a heat gun at prolly 10000 degrees, gonna strip a board down and get her baked some time when i get a day off...fook it, last resort!

Going to do 8 minutes at 200 degrees.....:proud:

Get yourself a thermocouple and meter and look up thermal profiling for reflow.

will have a google of it today.....thanks...... or might just bin them all and tidy up the "lab" it's a mess and has 100's of xbox parts all over the place....lol...need to start paiting and that as well as the kitchen needs doing some as long as i'm doing something not coming up with these crazy ideas...lloolol

I haven't seen anyone mention it yet here but you can buy tubs of BGA 'balls' in the relevant size for the device (0.8mm~0.5mm?). You clean the old ones off with wick and stencil the new ones an using flux to hold them until you bake them on. That's a reball.

seen a you tube video that was showing this machine putting new ones on, had a microscope and that attached to it....

might have to join a course on solder as people under estimate it's power (quote from Draca..lolol) and after net and you tube it's amazing stuff really....

i'v done xbox's in the oven but make sure that you cover the eject/sync buttons up with tinfoil because they melt... capacitors fizz a bit sumtimes lol but work fine afterwards ...

did a few when my heatgun broke

got some stubborn bitch ass boxes that i think are beyond repair and that, they were abortions already before i got my hands on them so even after a heat gun treatment they still stick there heels in and refuse to work, had a good success rate with all previous boxes that I've done with the heat gun, this time it's the oven for them!

What is the silver tape called?

We used to use it at work and called it foil tape. I ovened my 360 using towels, foil and duct tape.

just get tinfoil and crumple it over the front side of the board where the buttons are and xover the tall caps aswell... gas mark 6 until it starts smoking lol

i baked mine on full for 15 mins top shelf and didnt cover anything at all well i removed all plastic that i could that is lol was in a rush...anyway nothing melted

Back