Another annoyance :(

CG121

Inactive User
Reaction score
Although I have no interest in the Westlife concert currently being transmitted via 0.8W and 23.5E, it was a current feed that was observed and would last a few hours so following my repair job on my dish I thought I'd try them and see what happened...

Well, the Twin seems to have very little control of its tuner if you're trying to manual scan or use its satfinder (which seems to show a signal when it feels like it sadly)

I've got 90% signal from both sats (on the vhannibal channels) and am unable to even find the services, let alone confirm they clear.. [although I've since discovered they are MPEG-2 4:2:0 clear broadcasts]

According to feedhunters on a fellow forum it should be fine and it's not and as my arc is absolutely spot on [checked for signal and skew on each of the 33 sats] and it's a 1.2m dish which is more than enough so it's the image :(

At least I got opportunity to warn off someone that was thinking of buying an open source linux TM receiver though :)

Begs the question, how many other services can't it find..

I'm used to it now as my old TM800 used to fail to find services it should all the time, shame the Twin does even when you know it's there and can confirm it with a meter...

Back