Andy Murray wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year award

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Andy Murray has been voted the BBC Sports Personality of the Year for the second time in three years.

The 2013 winner helped make history by guiding Britain's tennis team to a first Davis Cup victory for 79 years.

Rugby League star Kevin Sinfield was runner-up, with heptathlete Jessica Ennis-Hill third.

The Scot won 361,446 of the 1,009,498 votes cast (35%), with Sinfield getting 278,353 (28%) and Ennis-Hill 78,898 (8%).

Andy Murray wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year award - BBC Sport

I found the SPOTY results completely bonkers!

Let's be honest, how many people actually like Andy Murray (outside of Scotland)?
How many people have even heard of Kevin Sinfield?

Being the most successful F1 British driver in history gets less than 8% of votes?

Sorry, but the whole SPOTY stinks. Another reason to get rid of the BBC, it just churns out rubbish, at the licence payer's expense.

Rant over.

i think yer wrong on this Andy has done lots for British tennis . i am not a fan but in the last few years he has won lots for GB not Scotland

i think yer wrong on this Andy has done lots for British tennis . i am not a fan but in the last few years he has won lots for GB not Scotland

I do agree with you, he has done a lot for British Tennis, my point is most people vote for people they like, not necessarily the one's who have achieved the most success for their sport.

I simply cannot believe that around 1 in 3 people who voted voted for him?

There's only one Andy Murray..... There's only one Andy Murray.....walking along.... singing a song.... walking in a winter wonderland.

Dry your eyes all you Tyson fans. :Laugh:

load of balls tbh.Kevin Sinfield who is he and that two faced scotish prick wow bbc fixing things again.

Strange they give to the one person with no personality..

Well its democratically done so its fair enough in my view. Think lewis loses the vote because of his tax status tbh.
I'm only glad Fury got f uck all :)

Well its democratically done so its fair enough in my view. Think lewis loses the vote because of his tax status tbh.
I'm only glad Fury got f uck all :)

I'll bet Clare Balding was dying to say

In 4th place with no trophy but you get your bus fares home is..........Tyson Fury :nerner:

cause i said Murray was Scottish ....he is and he wants to remain that way,he voted for an independent Scotland away from the Uk.He doesn't like being classed as British and tbh he doesn't like the English either .Remember his quote anyone but England?

Back