Ambit 200 all lights flashing!

reddwarf

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry if this has been already answered but tried searching and couldn't find anything. Friend of mine bough a cloned Ambit 200 modem. It worked for a long time and now it does not work, and all the lights on the front are flashing on and off. Logged into modem and everything looks ok (locked on signal, network access allowed), but no internet. Have Vm locked it?

Can this be fixed without a max232 cable? I've read lots of thread regarding Max233 chip. Why is this needed? Is it not possible to cut a rs232 mouse cale and connect modem directly?

Thanks for any help.

hi m9,

by the sounds of it,it could need a new mac addy,does it have sigma software installed or original?

cheers

Looks like the original software (as I had the Ambit 100 and looks the same). Is there any difference in terms of looks on the sigma software?

How does he change the MAC? Could he do it without the max232?

It says Cable Modem Configuration (N*L at the top). Sofware version 2.67.1016. I think it's the original firmware

What I was trying to say is that why is the mas233 chip needed. Why can't you just cut a rs232 cable and wire it directly to the modem?

It says Cable Modem Configuration (N*L at the top). Sofware version 2.67.1016. I think it's the original firmware

What I was trying to say is that why is the mas233 chip needed. Why can't you just cut a rs232 cable and wire it directly to the modem?

yes sounds like original f/w,as for your other question it just wont work........

best option is to flash sigma firmware as they dont allow firmware upgrades from virgin

Back