Amazon returns - advice please

matty125

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had any experence in returning a higher value item to amazon?

I wanted to purchase a Xbox series X during the black friday weekend from the microsoft store (MS) as I had quite a few MS reward points to use, but due to a glitch on my account it stopped me redeeming the MS gift cards. I logged a support ticket but heard nothing so ended up purchasing the device from Amazon which was successfully delivered with the one time password.

My MS account has now been fixed and Ive redeemed the gift cards, so was thinking of returning the unopened amazon order and purchasing from MS but Ive never sent anything of this value back to Amazon and would appreciate any feedback.

In speaking with Amazon I can return via their normal post office process and the refund will be issued after successful receipt/inspection at their fulfillment centre (upto 14 days) but its not possible to add delivery insurance to this option at the post office... unless I send manually and outside of amazon's normal process.

I wouldnt normally worry but the MS gift cards are now time limted... so appreciate any help or advice?

Thanks

Never had a problem, returning an Amazon product through their returns process.

Authorise a return on your amazon account...take package to post office..they'll scan the barcode and give you receipt..simples..no problem 😀..you don't have to print anything..they'll print and put on the returns label

Thanks all, that’s reassuring I wiill go for the standard amazon return and order from ms using my gift cards.

Reactions: gez
Authorise a return on your amazon account...take package to post office..they'll scan the barcode and give you receipt..simples..no problem 😀..you don't have to print anything..they'll print and put on the returns label
Not all Post Offices can or will print the label though. People on my local Facebook forum complaining all the time about it. Best print the label yourself if you have a printer.

Using Amazon it gives you a list of drop off points and those who have a printer

If you choose the option to use a QR code, then you don't need to repackage it (just take the console box as it is) to post office, let them scan the QR code and you will be refunded in about 15 mins.

My local PO was supposed to be able to print the label, but the doddery old git behind the counter didn't have a clue.

You're better printing it yourself.

Thanks for the replies, the item has been received by amazon (so it got there) now just waiting for it to be processed and the refund to be issued- hopefully not much longer...

Sent a item back Thursday morning refund in bank Monday afternoon. Returned via post office

Back