Alien Mini problem

kudz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, hoping someone can answer a question for me.

Have recently bought an Alien Mini, loaded OpenATV 5.2 and tried 5.3 also. Regardless of what autobouquets or manual scan i do the BBC/ITV HD & SD / CBS Reality freeview channels won't display. I have also an Alien 2+ triple configured identically and that is working fine. All i can come up with is the receiver must be faulty? Anyone have a similar issue or maybe can point me in the right direction?

When you used AutoBouquetsMaker and you say the channels won't display, what do you mean by won't display? You mean they are there in the bouquets but you don't get a signal from them or are they literally not even being shown in the bouquets?

Many thanks for the reply Lavaman, the channels show on the list but when clicked to watch just show a blank screen. I know the cable is fine as other channels work normally. This is the issue regardless of what e2 image i use, OpenATV, HDMU, AR-P etc etc. I have tried various bouquet makers and also just did a manual scan but the channels refuse to work. I have an Alien 2+ as my main bow and when flashed with the same image these channels work fine. I have confirmed both Tuners are identically set up on both boxes. All i can think is the box must be faulty as even the image the vendor put on the box these channels won't work.

It sounds to me like drivers, what you're explaining sounds just like the problem I spent two weeks or so working on near the start of the year... It's a strange one because if you changed the LNB you are using chances are it will work and if you take it to another location it'll often work there to! But I hear what you are saying in that another receiver with the same LNB works! This is exactly what I found so spent a good time first proving it was a driver issue and then setting about re-working the drivers (the hardest bit - I was working more in less in the dark) but got there in the end so now my ViX4E2PROJECT builds from about February on-wards I think it was has OE-Alliance based builds as ever but not using my own Fulan meta layer rather than that OE-Alliance use.

Give my ViX4E2PROJECT firmware a try and I think chances are it'll work for you, the current latest build is Version 2.2 Build 003-blue+. It'll be a good test anyway even if it doesn't.

I'm happy to upload is here for you to try but I think it's 5 posts you'll need before you can download? If you want me to though then let me know or head to the ViX4 website and you can grab it from there, just make sure you go for the latest version though 2.2 Build 003-blue+ and also make sure you flash directly from USB rather than via Spark plugin, using the Spark plugin method has been known to give issues occasionally when it comes to E2 fully booting, so stick with the direct from USB method to be sure.

Lavaman thank you for the reply, i have downloaded the firmware direct from your site and will install to see if that fixes the issue :) > Thanks a lot for your help!

Back