Sensible Topic ADVICE - Iphone 5s battery only lasting a few hours !!!

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

My Iphone 5s battery ONLY lasts around 4 hours MAX, that's with EVERYTHING OFF, all apps, wifi search, etc, etc.....

I 'think' this is due to the last update ? I am on the latest now....

Phones don't interest me much BUT it has been great for over a year.

I have looked at the battery charger cases (5200mAh) BUT the 5s is BIG enough for me !!!!

Should i just replace the battey, looks simple enough and it's a rated at 1560mAh.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

The original Apple batteries are hard to get hold of and there are loads of cheap shite on the bay. Loads of sellers claim their batteries are originals but they ain’t. I know this as I have bought batteries in the past and after several months of uses they start to drain pretty quickly. I know that Apple will change batteries for £25 now but only on iPhones 6 and up. Good luck finding a decent battery.

Hi All

My Iphone 5s battery ONLY lasts around 4 hours MAX, that's with EVERYTHING OFF, all apps, wifi search, etc, etc.....

I 'think' this is due to the last update ? I am on the latest now....

Phones don't interest me much BUT it has been great for over a year.

I have looked at the battery charger cases (5200mAh) BUT the 5s is BIG enough for me !!!!

Should i just replace the battey, looks simple enough and it's a rated at 1560mAh.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers
Im running the newest IOS also on my 5s and have no issues. Common reason for bad batteries is cheap nasty phone leads. Its recommended official iPhone leads be used only.
Im not 100% sure but i think apple are only ones that replace 5s batteries.
This is due to finger print scanner not working after replacement unless apple do it.
I thought my battery was dying so was gonna take the £25 replacement but its from 6 onwards.
(Not 5s)

Ring apple and they will test your battery there and then over the phone.
(you need to be connected to network for test)

I asked apple how much to replace 5s battery and its £79!!! 😂

What logs are you getting from battery @bilabonic

Should be around 3.7 volts, 4.2 volts for maximum charging voltage and 2.4 for minimum usage.

My battery is 4 years old and reads 3.3.

Attachments

• F05BA1FF-0825-4435-A22F-BE4544285AD3.jpeg
    F05BA1FF-0825-4435-A22F-BE4544285AD3.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 11
Im running the newest IOS also on my 5s and have no issues. Common reason for bad batteries is cheap nasty phone leads. Its recommended official iPhone leads be used only.
This is due to finger print scanner not working after replacement unless apple do it.
I thought my battery was dying so was gonna take the £25 replacement but its from 6 onwards.
(Not 5s)

I have replaced batteries on iphone 5s and the fingerprint scanner still worked, as long as you reconnect the ribbon for it.

What logs are you getting from battery @bilabonic

Should be around 3.7 volts, 4.2 volts for maximum charging voltage and 2.4 for minimum usage.

My battery is 4 years old and reads 3.3.

Do you mean 4.2v whilst on charge, 3.7v standard running ON (no apps running etc), and 2.4v (same scenario) ?

Plus how do i get those logs up ?

Cheers

I have replaced batteries on iphone 5s and the fingerprint scanner still worked, as long as you reconnect the ribbon for it.

What symptoms were u getting mate ? Just standard quick drain/not lasting ??

It's looks simple to replace (i have the a double sucket clamp tool), did it fix yours ?

Cheers

(Not 5s)

What difference would a charging lead make ? I ONLY use it to charge, i've NEVER used iTunes/data etc...

What difference would a charging lead make ? I ONLY use it to charge, i've NEVER used iTunes/data etc...

Cheap cables can damage a chip on the lightning port and you can also get power surges that can damage components and the battery.

What symptoms were u getting mate ? Just standard quick drain/not lasting ??

It's looks simple to replace (i have the a double sucket clamp tool), did it fix yours ?

Cheers

Yes same symptoms. Managed to get hold of a decent battery which solved the problem. It is quite simple to replace but the fingerprint ribbon can be fiddly. There are plenty of tutorial videos on changing it.

if you are looking for a decent quality replacement batteries, check out this company.

I use to work in an apple repair shop and we use to get most of our parts from them instead of apple as they were actually better and cheaper.

Do you mean 4.2v whilst on charge, 3.7v standard running ON (no apps running etc), and 2.4v (same scenario) ?

Plus how do i get those logs up ?

Cheers
After i gave the IMEI number to an apple support worker he was able to say over the phone there was no issues with battery.
Logs were in.
Settings:
Privacy:
Analytics:
Analytics date.

I have done the latest update and it seems ok now ???

Cheap cables can damage a chip on the lightning port and you can also get power surges that can damage components and the battery.

I have cheapy cables, have to fiddle for 10 mins to get it to charge !! Cleaning out port on phone etc..

Well it will NOT charge now, playing for 10 mins cleaning port/cable etc...So had turn phone off...

BUT when it's off and i plug lead in it comes ON but is not charging. Rrrrrr

Well it will NOT charge now, playing for 10 mins cleaning port/cable etc...So had turn phone off...

BUT when it's off and i plug lead in it comes ON but is not charging. Rrrrrr
I learnt my lesson using cheap cables @bilabonic mate. I only ever use iPhones for a long time now and thankfully using cheap cables always came to the end of my contract renewal. My battery always fooked up.
I couldnt even sell the phone as it was useless.
Seems china crap cables have done damage beyond repair unless battery is replaced.

Really its penny wise/pound foolish with apple leads.
Breaks my heart paying £15/20 for a lead but really does pay off in long team mate.
(my experience anyway)

I learnt my lesson using cheap cables @bilabonic mate. I only ever use iPhones for a long time now and thankfully using cheap cables always came to the end of my contract renewal. My battery always fooked up.
I couldnt even sell the phone as it was useless.
Seems china crap cables have done damage beyond repair unless battery is replaced.

Really its penny wise/pound foolish with apple leads.
Breaks my heart paying £15/20 for a lead but really does pay off in long team mate.
(my experience anyway)

I have played for over an hour with a cable i supposed was orig...NOTHING...As above. It would turn on/wake up the phone when off, BUT NO charge ?
I cleaned the port out, it was spotless, still the same...(used evaporating elec spray on a tip)...

Conclusion- It MUST be the lead..

Last resort i rummaged through my box of leads and found another BRAND NEW COPY one, plugged it in and had exactly the same !!

Plugged in/out 50 times and 'ping' it's charging ?

Might look at replacing the port OR try an original lead (if they are out there !!)....Only the bottom connections are used on the port from what i have read.

Thanks for replying mate..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back